Is your IE running in the background?

deadwrong03

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon it's there from my screenshots not sure why yo don't have it. Maybe soft or hard reset?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

tomcox76

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Does anybody else have a theory? What carriers are you guys all on? Could that have something to do with it? Or some wacked setting somewhere else we need to change?

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm on Verizon. Right now it doesn't bug me enough to take any drastic measures, like doing a hard reset. It doesn't seem to be using too much battery.

tomcox76

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe its device specific? I have a 920 without the option.. Although I can't imagine why this would be the case. And I'm on AT&T

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well it looks like it's completely random, unless there's a pattern I'm missing. Not really a big deal, was just trying to look into the whole battery drain thing. Guess we'll see what happens when the final is released.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine, now in english.

Maybe it is related to the firmware? Mine is Lumia 920 with Nokia Black, the Dev firmware.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_canada_246 using Tapatalk

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140418_0001.png
    wp_ss_20140418_0001.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 2

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a Lumia 525, and I can't disable it either.

clA77SL.png

So it's not the lack of 1 GB RAM that's doing it.

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I know...but the background usage is next to nill with it unchecked on mine. Prior to unchecking it my IE had the highest of any with mine..now it's with the lowest.

Try it and see if it helps..

Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

winphonehub

Apr 28, 2013
Visit site
I have the option to disable it and I'm using a Lumia 521. I remember it being disabled at first but I guess after I messed with the settings the option became available.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I know...but the background usage is next to nill with it unchecked on mine. Prior to unchecking it my IE had the highest of any with mine..now it's with the lowest.

Try it and see if it helps..

Mac

Sent from my RM-940_nam_att_200 using Tapatalk

You're actually right, I toggled the IE option in sync my settings and then in battery saver the option to disable background tasks for IE became available and even if I toggle it back on in sync my settings its still available. Now I can test to see if IE is one of the battery hogs. Thanks, good find.

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
You're actually right, I toggled the IE option in sync my settings and then in battery saver the option to disable background tasks for IE became available and even if I toggle it back on in sync my settings its still available. Now I can test to see if IE is one of the battery hogs. Thanks, good find.
Weird. I toggled them off but I still don't have the option to disable it. Maybe it's just not running in the background in my phone.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the tip for disabling IE background tasks. However, on my phone IE hardly had any background usage at all. That is strange how things vary. I use my browser alot, fwiw.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Weird. I toggled them off but I still don't have the option to disable it. Maybe it's just not running in the background in my phone.

I toggled just the IE sync setting off then went to battery saver and the options were then available, went back to IE sync and turned on again and settings were still there in battery saver. Maybe the order its done in matters or there is something else going on.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Verizon it's there from my screenshots not sure why yo don't have it. Maybe soft or hard reset?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk

On Verizon with a Nokia ICON (as you know) and I do not have the option to disable background on IE... On that page it just shows usage.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077