Installed 8.1 on 1020, phone shut off and won't turn back on

widdle

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I installed 8.1 on my Lumia 1020 and had two wonderful days of success and productivity. Yesterday, my coworker who also installed 8.1 on his 1020, had his phone mysteriously power off and never turn back on. We tried charging it...nothing. One day later, I reach in my pocket to grab my phone and discover I've been hit with the same problem. The phone is totally powered down and I can't get it back on. When I try charging it, it shows no indication that it's receiving any power...it's just a black screen.

Has anyone experienced this and found a solution or are my coworker and I the only two who have had this happen?

tomcox76

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
Try a soft reset... I had this happen once with my 920. I thought I had a nice paper weight until I figured out that trick... To do this press Volume down and power button at the same time for about 15 seconds until the phone vibrates.

widdle

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Try a soft reset... I had this happen once with my 920. I thought I had a nice paper weight until I figured out that trick... To do this press Volume down and power button at the same time for about 15 seconds until the phone vibrates.

It worked! Thank you so much!

MARKjotep

Mar 31, 2014
Visit site
I believe your 1020 was frozen.
It was on. However the lockscreen wouldnt work and unlock the phone.

This also happened to my lumia 920 after the update.
Luckily it worked after soft rest. Hopefully it wont happen again ;)

tomcox76

Sep 10, 2013
Visit site
No problem .these forums are the place to go with issues. I know its saved me many angry fits.

Last edited:

thirdday2002

Mar 28, 2011
Visit site
My 920 did the same thing on day one of 8.1. Soft reset fixed it. Day 2 the volume control was "stuck" going up, like I was pressing the up volume key even though I wasn't. The start button was also disabled. Powered down and everything was fine. That night, I decided to go ahead and do a hard reset. Restoring in 8.1 is cake. 6 days later and I haven't had any other issues.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon