Flash player in Windows phone 8.1

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
What you say about the flash player(streaming player) in Windows phone 8.1. I'm totally disappointed with the player.

AFAIK, it's not FLASH, it's HTML5. Flash stopped being supported on mobiles long ago.
I think it could use a lot of fine tuning, but hey, you need to start with something. :wink:

Moiz Mian

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
AFAIK, it's not FLASH, it's HTML5. Flash stopped being supported on mobiles long ago.
I think it could use a lot of fine tuning, but hey, you need to start with something. :wink:

Start with something? Hehe, WP has been out for 3.5 years now, they've had time to start with something :)

daniel620

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
I hate it, this thing is annoying as hell... I preferred the old one, it was better to watch long videos. The new one is always showing me an error saying that the video could not be encoded and in some pages it doesn't have the option to set the video in full screen or the IE bar keeps there wasting space

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Start with something? Hehe, WP has been out for 3.5 years now, they've had time to start with something :)

that's true WP is there for 3.5 years. but do u know how old HTML5? it is development going on.
u won't find HTML 5 better in iOS or Droid better that WP. they are all at the same.

mpl175

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
If you need flash that bad,get an android and download dolphin browser. It supports flash and works great. As far as I know,that's the only way to get flash player on mobiles.

NiteHawk007

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
And if you don't like Dolphin that much, try Puffin browser. It might even work on your Windows crap as well, actually. It lends Flash Player to both Android and iOS and runs smooth and without problem. You have to go down in your pocket after a 30 day trial period though, but hey, no good thing comes free in this life.

DennisvdG

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
And if you don't like Dolphin that much, try Puffin browser. It might even work on your Windows crap as well, actually. It lends Flash Player to both Android and iOS and runs smooth and without problem. You have to go down in your pocket after a 30 day trial period though, but hey, no good thing comes free in this life.

"Windows crap" Why do you feel the need to be offensive? Why are you even on this forum?

Flash player is dead and no one needs it on their phone.

van jump

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Problem is even though html5 has been around several years there are still a LOT of flash based games and apps still around. Frankly love my WP but there are times not being able to play a game is a pita. Not big deal just a nuisance

Kalpesh Kanhere

Sep 3, 2015
Visit site
Agreed to this point.
It really pinches that there is no Flash Support on Windows Mobiles. It even doesn't have direct support to Android or iOS however there are at least some apps / browsers available for Android or iOS which helps to use some Flash things like online games or flash videos. However we window user are really very unlucky that there are couple of apps or browsers which says supports flash but unfortunately in actual it's useless. :-(

I have verified couple of browsers my self on Android and Windows.
With my Samsung Androide Phone, I can play some online flash games using those browsers. (Don't think saying the name of the browser is that good as it may cause that we won't get flash support with those browsers as well. You can go and check that in APP STORE.
I tried look those same browsers on Windows but unfortunately most of them are not even available in windows market. So of the browsers which works on Android are available for windows but the annoying things is they don't support Flash on Windows. That's really ****...

Windows also have some features better than Android, but lack of Flash Support is really annoying. And this might be one of the reason why most of the people avoid using Windows Phones. I am still using Windows Phone for the things that don't support in Android :)

But This Is Also A Truth That Using Only Window Phone Is Purely Less Entertainment Issue :-(
I hope Window 10 will help to overcome from this.

Last edited:

Larry M Agbezuge

Sep 13, 2015
Visit site
Developers of Web Videos are as much at fault as OEMs and Microsoft's staff are for being too hasty to develop HTML5, or HTM5, for both smartphones and some feature-rich standard mobile phones without effecting an equally-important "wuauclt.exe-" or "javaws'aupltlite'.jar-" type abrupt updating of mindsets of especially the former. Based on others and my own experiences, this diverging trend in audio-visual formation and management has rendered it very, even prohibitively, difficult to view any webpage-embedded video, PowerPoint slideshow, or other audio-visual presentation from and/or upon smartphones, especially either 'Ist-Generation-'smartphone-technology-compliant, usually Java-utilizing, standard feature phones (1) (Think of ALCATEL's OneTouch 2017b Fling, most of ZTE Corporation(, Ltd.)'s Z-nseries Mobile phones, or Samsung's SGH-A667 as examples) or increasingly-popular Windows Mobile smartphones(2); Adobe's Flash Player 9.0 or, preferably, successors
s thereto are still required to view such said presentations; like most standard mobile feature-phones, however, Windows Mobile Phones fail to support Adobe Flash Player 9.9ff. ! Users MUST then use computers--preferably those running experimental Windows 4, Windows NT 3 or its pre-2000 successors, Windows 95 or 98, Windows Server 2003 or its Server predecessors, 2000, or ME, Windows XP, or best of all, Windows Vista, Servers 2008 and/or 2012, or any of their still-current successors(a) OR Macs and/or MacBooks(b) in order to view the videos ! :)unhappy::eck::irate) Furthermore, Adobe has respectively either discontinued support and most automatic updates to Flash Player beyond Flash Player 11.6 for any UNIX-, Linux-, and SunOS- or OpenSUSE-utilizing PC( 💻) users (1) ...or discontinued ONLY support for Flash Player 11.2's successors in and on Android smartphones.
Based on the foregoing,the very commentator who with inappropriate, or at least inappropriate-sounding facetiousness, replied to Amir's et de al. answer-providing post with"...Hehehe, [we still must wait and see...,] WP has been around for 3.5 years..." has a now-impossible-to-disagree-with point: THE OUTRAGEOUS NATURE OF ADOBE'S ET DE AL. FAILURE TO DEVELOP SUPPORT OF ITS FLASH PLAYER OR--WHILE IT HAD PROFITABLE CHANCES TO DO SO--SUPPORT FOR ITS FLASH PLAYER LITE PLUGINS FOR AND IN OR UPON AND BY WINDOWS MOBILE PHONES...AND Microsoft's staff's FAILURE TO URGE ADOBE AND ITS STAFF AND, EVEN IF ESSENTIAL PUNITIVELY THREATEN REJECTION OF ADOBE'S UPDATES TO ITS OTHER PLUGINS IF IT WERE TO PROHIBIT ANYONE'S ATTEMPT, TO INCLUDE supportive modifications of Flash Player 's support by MacBook and iPhone alike,OR OTHERWISE MODIFY THE PLUGIN SO THAT Windows Phones easily support it AND/OR REVIVE DISCONTINUED UPDATES of its Flash Player Lite plugin and modify it for Windows Mobile's, not only Symbian's, support. Similarly appalling and/or outrageous is the apparent fact that none has urged either of the culpable corporations or groups thereof,to correct this fault - and perhaps do so likewise, as just described above.

ROBBIE HALL

Mar 3, 2015
Visit site
On mobile...i use MS edge and found that changing from mobile version to desktop can fix this I think. In settings. I was able to watch my Arsenal game yesterday via a streaming site that I BELIEVE uses a flash player to embed the streaming video. Try that with your games site. See what happens.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss