Protect your tech:Get an Upsie warranty & save up to 70%
04-24-2016 04:01 AM
26 12
tools
    What you say about the flash player(streaming player) in Windows phone 8.1. I'm totally disappointed with the player.
    04-17-2014 07:49 PM
    What you say about the flash player(streaming player) in Windows phone 8.1. I'm totally disappointed with the player.
    AFAIK, it's not FLASH, it's HTML5. Flash stopped being supported on mobiles long ago.
    I think it could use a lot of fine tuning, but hey, you need to start with something.
    04-17-2014 07:53 PM
    AFAIK, it's not FLASH, it's HTML5. Flash stopped being supported on mobiles long ago.
    I think it could use a lot of fine tuning, but hey, you need to start with something.
    Start with something? Hehe, WP has been out for 3.5 years now, they've had time to start with something :)
    04-17-2014 07:55 PM
    I meant it was so annoying how they arranged pause and timeline bar.
    anon(8657436) likes this.
    04-17-2014 08:37 PM
    Start with something? Hehe, WP has been out for 3.5 years now, they've had time to start with something :)
    Yeah. But as far as i remember even Chrome mobile didn't have HTML5 inline video up until 2013. (Then I realise HTML5 released in 2012)
    raja dian likes this.
    04-17-2014 09:23 PM
    I want flash player for my Lumia 620 plz help me
    06-06-2014 07:47 AM
    There is no Flash package for Windows Phone. You are unfortunately out of luck.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-06-2014 08:16 AM
    What is the reason why flash player is gone in mobile?
    06-06-2014 12:42 PM
    I hate it, this thing is annoying as hell... I preferred the old one, it was better to watch long videos. The new one is always showing me an error saying that the video could not be encoded and in some pages it doesn't have the option to set the video in full screen or the IE bar keeps there wasting space
    06-06-2014 02:39 PM
    that's true WP is there for 3.5 years. but do u know how old HTML5? it is development going on.
    u won't find HTML 5 better in iOS or Droid better that WP. they are all at the same.
    JamesPTao likes this.
    06-07-2014 04:45 AM
    If you need flash that bad,get an android and download dolphin browser. It supports flash and works great. As far as I know,that's the only way to get flash player on mobiles.
    10-25-2014 02:11 PM
    What is the reason why flash player is gone in mobile?

Adobe doesn't support mobile flash anymore.
    10-25-2014 03:33 PM
    And if you don't like Dolphin that much, try Puffin browser. It might even work on your Windows crap as well, actually. It lends Flash Player to both Android and iOS and runs smooth and without problem. You have to go down in your pocket after a 30 day trial period though, but hey, no good thing comes free in this life.
    10-31-2014 05:53 AM
    And if you don't like Dolphin that much, try Puffin browser. It might even work on your Windows crap as well, actually. It lends Flash Player to both Android and iOS and runs smooth and without problem. You have to go down in your pocket after a 30 day trial period though, but hey, no good thing comes free in this life.
    "Windows crap" Why do you feel the need to be offensive? Why are you even on this forum?

Flash player is dead and no one needs it on their phone.
    10-31-2014 06:20 AM
    "Windows crap" Why do you feel the need to be offensive? Why are you even on this forum?

Flash player is dead and no one needs it on their phone.
    actually I need it sometimes...
    GeminiJ13 likes this.
    10-31-2014 06:28 AM
    Problem is even though html5 has been around several years there are still a LOT of flash based games and apps still around. Frankly love my WP but there are times not being able to play a game is a pita. Not big deal just a nuisance
    01-09-2015 12:22 PM
    Agreed to this point.
    It really pinches that there is no Flash Support on Windows Mobiles. It even doesn't have direct support to Android or iOS however there are at least some apps / browsers available for Android or iOS which helps to use some Flash things like online games or flash videos. However we window user are really very unlucky that there are couple of apps or browsers which says supports flash but unfortunately in actual it's useless. :-(

I have verified couple of browsers my self on Android and Windows.
    With my Samsung Androide Phone, I can play some online flash games using those browsers. (Don't think saying the name of the browser is that good as it may cause that we won't get flash support with those browsers as well. You can go and check that in APP STORE.
    I tried look those same browsers on Windows but unfortunately most of them are not even available in windows market. So of the browsers which works on Android are available for windows but the annoying things is they don't support Flash on Windows. That's really ****...

Windows also have some features better than Android, but lack of Flash Support is really annoying. And this might be one of the reason why most of the people avoid using Windows Phones. I am still using Windows Phone for the things that don't support in Android :-)

But This Is Also A Truth That Using Only Window Phone Is Purely Less Entertainment Issue :-(
    I hope Window 10 will help to overcome from this.
    Last edited by Kalpesh Kanhere; 09-03-2015 at 07:53 AM. Reason: Added last line for my hopes :-)
    09-03-2015 07:47 AM
    ^ Would be the same on Wp 10 also..
    09-03-2015 07:57 AM
    Developers of Web Videos are as much at fault as OEMs and Microsoft's staff are for being too hasty to develop HTML5, or HTM5, for both smartphones and some feature-rich standard mobile phones without effecting an equally-important "wuauclt.exe-" or "javaws'aupltlite'.jar-" type abrupt updating of mindsets of especially the former. Based on others and my own experiences, this diverging trend in audio-visual formation and management has rendered it very, even prohibitively, difficult to view any webpage-embedded video, PowerPoint slideshow, or other audio-visual presentation from and/or upon smartphones, especially either 'Ist-Generation-'smartphone-technology-compliant, usually Java-utilizing, standard feature phones (1) (Think of ALCATEL's [I]OneTouch 2017b Fling[I], most of ZTE Corporation(, Ltd.)'s Z-nseries Mobile phones, or Samsung's SGH-A667 as examples) or increasingly-popular Windows Mobile smartphones(2); Adobe's Flash Player 9.0 or, preferably, successors
    s thereto are still required to view such said presentations; like [U]most[U] standard mobile feature-phones, however, Windows Mobile Phones [U]fail to support Adobe Flash Player 9.9ff. ![U] [U][I]Users MUST then use computers--preferably those running experimental Windows 4, Windows NT 3 or its pre-2000 successors, Windows 95 or 98, Windows Server 2003 or its Server predecessors, 2000, or ME, Windows XP, or best of all, Windows Vista, Servers 2008 and/or 2012, or any of their still-current successors(a) OR Macs and/or MacBooks(b) in order to view the videos [I][U]! (:irate) Furthermore, Adobe has respectively either discontinued support and most automatic updates to Flash Player beyond Flash Player 11.6 for any UNIX-, Linux-, and SunOS- or OpenSUSE-utilizing PC( 💻) users (1) ...or discontinued ONLY support for Flash Player 11.2's successors in and on Android smartphones.
    Based on the foregoing,the very commentator who with inappropriate, or at least inappropriate-sounding facetiousness, replied to Amir's et de al. answer-providing post with"...Hehehe, [we still must wait and see...,] WP has been around for 3.5 years..." has a now-impossible-to-disagree-with point: THE OUTRAGEOUS NATURE OF ADOBE'S ET DE AL. FAILURE TO DEVELOP SUPPORT OF ITS FLASH PLAYER OR--WHILE IT HAD PROFITABLE CHANCES TO DO SO--SUPPORT FOR ITS FLASH PLAYER LITE PLUGINS FOR AND IN OR UPON AND BY WINDOWS MOBILE PHONES...AND Microsoft's staff's FAILURE TO URGE ADOBE AND ITS STAFF AND, EVEN IF ESSENTIAL PUNITIVELY THREATEN REJECTION OF ADOBE'S UPDATES TO ITS OTHER PLUGINS IF IT WERE TO PROHIBIT ANYONE'S ATTEMPT, TO INCLUDE supportive modifications of Flash Player 's support by MacBook and iPhone alike,OR OTHERWISE MODIFY THE PLUGIN SO THAT Windows Phones easily support it AND/OR REVIVE DISCONTINUED UPDATES of its Flash Player Lite plugin and modify it for Windows Mobile's, not only Symbian's, support. Similarly appalling and/or outrageous is the apparent fact that none has urged either of the culpable corporations or groups thereof,to correct this fault - and perhaps do so likewise, as just described above.
    09-13-2015 11:02 AM
    On mobile...i use MS edge and found that changing from mobile version to desktop can fix this I think. In settings. I was able to watch my Arsenal game yesterday via a streaming site that I BELIEVE uses a flash player to embed the streaming video. Try that with your games site. See what happens.....
    09-13-2015 11:14 AM
    On mobile...i use MS edge and found that changing from mobile version to desktop can fix this I think. In settings. I was able to watch my Arsenal game yesterday via a streaming site that I BELIEVE uses a flash player to embed the streaming video. Try that with your games site. See what happens.....
    In the Windows Store I can only find an "Edge" browser, not MS Edge - should I be able to, or is MS Edge only available for Windows 10 (my Lumia 930 is still on 8.1 Denim).

I desperately need Flash for certain online webcams, many of which require Flash - the hosts of such cams are generally strapped for cash and have not updated themselves to HTML5.
    01-09-2016 11:54 AM
    In the Windows Store I can only find an "Edge" browser, not MS Edge - should I be able to, or is MS Edge only available for Windows 10 (my Lumia 930 is still on 8.1 Denim).

I desperately need Flash for certain online webcams, many of which require Flash - the hosts of such cams are generally strapped for cash and have not updated themselves to HTML5.
    Same here, i do need flash player too for some site that keeps showing black rectangular at the component that required flash player... xD

And that Edge Browser doesn't work either... T_T
    01-23-2016 10:33 PM
    nothing can be done.

flash is not supported by every modern mobile OS.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    01-23-2016 11:24 PM
    Playing flash games on your phone will result in less battery as well. You're advised to move to apps :D
    04-14-2016 12:09 AM
    Face it, even Adobe knows Flash is old tech now. They don't want to support it, and nobody wants to get sued for reverse engineering a substitute. Tech marches on...
    04-24-2016 03:20 AM
26 12