Error 887a0006 during video playback

gagmani

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
The 1080p,240p,144p videos in my phone have stopped playing since wp 8.1 update. Rarely they play well. An error 887a0006 shows after 2-3 seconds in Xbox Video and Photos. Moli player switches to software decoding. All these videos played well in wp8. So far only 720p videos play without any problem. There seems to be a problem with hardware decoder.

gagmani

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Here is the screenshot of error I am getting on those videos. They play perfectly well on my friend's Lumia 520 running wp8.

wp_ss_20140418_0001.png

Last edited:

TheParadisiac

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I keep getting this same error while watching videos online. While using YouTube, if I try to fast forward I get this "Error: Video could not be decoded" While browsing videos on IGN I will receive a "Decode Error"
I'm using the Nokia Lumia 520, and I had just updated to the Windows Phone 8.1
Hopefully there's a fix, this is extremely frustrating!

gagmani

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
I keep getting this same error while watching videos online. While using YouTube, if I try to fast forward I get this "Error: Video could not be decoded" While browsing videos on IGN I will receive a "Decode Error"

So it means many people are getting the error. I hope cyan update removes this bug.

cyberfighter

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
My videos have starting working recently. The only thing I can think of that fixed my issue was connecting my phone to the visual studio dev tools. Once I connected to these tools, my phone had to do another update for language support. I did this about a week ago and I haven't had a single issue with a video since. Here is where the dev tools are located if anyone wants to give it a try:
Once you open visual studio (I am using VS 2013), go to Tools>Windows Phone 8.1>Developer Power Tools.
Once the window pops up, click connect. A message will come up telling you that your phone will need to update. You may need to unlock your phone first by going to Developer Unlock (you can always re-lock your device if you would like to afterwards).

Not sure if this is what fixed it but its worth a try if someone else is also experiencing this frustrating issue.

chientpls

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
Everyone please restart phone and proceed to scan the memory card it will all fail, errors can arise for the telephone extension is the memory card

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Just restart your phone. The html5 playback in 8.1 is kind of glitchy. I thought they fixed in in 8.1 update 1 though?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa