Project My Screen - Remote function

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
As you may now know, Microsoft release their Project My Screen desktop app for Windows Phone 8.1!
I have been trying this with my Huawei Ascend W1-U00, and one thing that I did not know was that you have the ability to control your phone (including hardware buttons) from the actual Project My Screen App on Windows!
Originally, I thought this app was just for "Projecting your screen", but you can actually control your phone with it too!

Download link to the app is provided below:
http://download.microsoft.com/downl...4E9B-9259-0F72FDEDD153/ProjectMyScreenApp.msi

vinscuzzy

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
I installed, but not getting mouse/keyboard input. For the people who are getting mouse input, are you running windows 8 on your desktop/laptop? I have windows 7, and while screen mirroring does work, mouse input does not....

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
I installed, but not getting mouse/keyboard input. For the people who are getting mouse input, are you running windows 8 on your desktop/laptop? I have windows 7, and while screen mirroring does work, mouse input does not....

On my Surface Pro
- mouse, yes.
- keyboard, no (it is not allowed at this point, so no surprises there)
- touch, yes.

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Press ESC to get to windowed mode, if you're on full screen. I'm on Win8, but I don't see the mouse pointer when full screen.

vinscuzzy

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Press ESC to get to windowed mode, if you're on full screen. I'm on Win8, but I don't see the mouse pointer when full screen.

Yeah, i tried windowed mode, still didn't work. Wonder if its just a Windows 8 thing. I hope not! I'd love to be able to plug my phone in at work and be able to respond to texts while my phone is connected and charging! Such an amazing overlooked feature...

acewing905

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Yeah, i tried windowed mode, still didn't work. Wonder if its just a Windows 8 thing. I hope not! I'd love to be able to plug my phone in at work and be able to respond to texts while my phone is connected and charging! Such an amazing overlooked feature...
Sadly, keyboard input doesn't work, so responding to texts will be a rather painful process unless your PC has a touch screen.

vinscuzzy

Jul 8, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, so it appears to be a windows 8 thing as the mouse works great on my win8 laptop. I'm sure it'll get fixed soon enough to work on win7, and hopefully it'll get keyboard support too. If anyone else gets mouse input to work on a win7 machine, please chime in!

anon(8768871)

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
i can't control my lumia 925 from the pc(maybe cause i'm on windows 7?) projection is flawless,the mouse pointer is there but i can't click on anything

RWD

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Seems not to work on my 8.1DP Nokia 1520 projecting to my Windows 8.1 tablet. It just says "searching". I tried two USB cables.

Seems kinda pointless though, as the actual 1520 screen is bigger than the projected one on my tablet!

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Seems not to work on my 8.1DP Nokia 1520 projecting to my Windows 8.1 tablet. It just says "searching". I tried two USB cables.

Seems kinda pointless though, as the actual 1520 screen is bigger than the projected one on my tablet!

My Lumia 630 is bigger than my Windows 8.1 Pro tablet, I use Acer Iconia W3 :wink:

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3