Action Center Handy Trick

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
If you drag the action center only slightly, it only shows you the quick actions and you can use it in a very handy way.

See the screenshots:
Action Center Trick - Imgur

I think no one knew about this. If this is redundant, then the Moderators may remove this.

Last edited:

Michael Adaniya

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
Nice... Took some getting used to. You have to flick to no more than a 1/4 down the screen and then stop for a half second.

got annoyed initially, but trying it a few times it seems very useful. Thanks

bono5112

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
Why won't my facebook notifications show up in action center, am I doing something wrong or is it just the same old facebook app

Bjfcm

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
If you drag the action center only slightly, it only shows you the quick actions and you can use it in a very handy way.

See the screenshots:
I Tried it and I was able to see the five selected shortcuts, Battery percentage etc, but what is the benefit ??? ( smile) . Not being a unappreciative .

I may be doing it wrong .

Thanks my friend in advance!

I think no one knew about this. If this is redundant, then the Moderators may remove this.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

See the screenshots:

It's redundant (I read a similar thread; in Tips & Tricks I think). But thanks for posting though. :-D. And yes, it is slicker than whale snot.

anon(7901790)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
You can also select your quick actions. Just go to Settings > notifications & actions and click on one of the icons at the top. You can select what that button will do. I swapped out rotation lock for internet sharing. And yes. This is a redundant post... just without the screen shots. :-D

Geddeeee

Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Why won't my facebook notifications show up in action center, am I doing something wrong or is it just the same old facebook app

Make sure toast notifications are turned on in Facebook. When the first toast is received, Action Centre will pick this up, and Facebook will now show notifications through Action Centre.... You can turn 'toasts' off in Facebook when this is done. Enjoy!!!!

waqqas31

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
Mine neither shows the facebook notifications...there's should be a bug...hope 'll be fixed at ota release...

Actually, upon close inspection, there is no toast notification for "likes" and possibly other actions as well.

If there is no toast, it will not appear in the notification center, however, your live tile, lock screen and glance will reflect that something occurred.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Why is this a handy trick? It is quite hard to move the finger in the exact right position, plus it takes much longer than a quick short swipe! Dont get it...does it hurt your eyes to see the whole actioncenter?
And you dont have to swipe down the whole screen to get the notification center, just the first top few millimeters is enough. Thats my handy trick ^^

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Why is this a handy trick? It is quite hard to move the finger in the exact right position, plus it takes much longer than a quick short swipe! Dont get it...does it hurt your eyes to see the whole actioncenter?
And you dont have to swipe down the whole screen to get the notification center, just the first top few millimeters is enough. Thats my handy trick ^^

It's nice to be able to access the action center without revealing the notification center, in case privacy is a concern at that moment.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
Yes that's the only reason. But you need alot of training so you don't fail in that important private situation. Or you just turn around for 1 second :D

- Tapatalk -

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site

_Emi_

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes that's the only reason. But you need alot of training so you don't fail in that important private situation. Or you just turn around for 1 second :D- Tapatalk -
I tried this before... and no, you dont' need "training", you make it sound like its a complicated things to do... it's not like you need to put it in a fixed spot, leave the thing like where "Notifications" title starts... around there.I found about this the first day I installed 8.1 and while I dont find it useful to me, I still saw it was there. but I got used to it, but of course, most of the time I dont have notifications xD so I dont care to just small or big action center.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa