Restore after wiping

donebrasko

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I've been reading that wiping your phone will get rid of some of the bugs on 8.1. I have an Icon. What all are we able to restore with 8.1?

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Everything except a few customizations that are easily reclaimed after a reset.
Be sure to back-up right before resetting.

Athull

Aug 25, 2013
Visit site
The tile layout and themes, the games high scores and data if the developer enabled it, then images and texts which gets backed up in one drive.

maclancer

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
I got it wipe and the bugs are pretty much gone after you wipe and restart the phone. Sadly forgot to backup :( but I feel 8.1 very stable now

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
The tile layout and themes, the games high scores and data if the developer enabled it, then images and texts which gets backed up in one drive.

The app and game backup is worthless at this point. Every dev has to update their App or game to support this feature. Sad to say most game devs don't update their app much and wont update it just for this feature.

Yea, the restore works great, when I got my ICON, I restored from my 928, everything came back (apps, email settings for the most part), but, when I did a hard reset on my ICON, I did a backup before, everything came back, tile layout, apps, email settings, even logon ID with Twitter and Facebook (no passwords)

For the most part it works good, I just wish Microsoft set the backup to work on all apps, then have the devs update their app if they don't want the feature used.

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
For the record, some app setting s may not be stored...I believe I read it's up to the developer? When I reset I had lost all progress in the game I mainly play now. Fortunately I'm not much of a gamer so I didn't mind to much...

Your best bet is to move your apps over to your SD card and then don't erase the SD card when you reset your phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon