Very serious heat and battery drain issue

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
After updating my 1520 to 8.1, my device sometimes suddenly getting so much hot at top left side (front and back) to a degree I thought its melded and the battery discharged 25% per hour. Happened 3 times in the first 2 days then I did a hard reset, then everything were ok for one day and again I did fully charge it (many settings turned off, wifi, data, bluetooth, location, nfc, IE syncing, advertizing ID) and also closed all apps running then put it into stand by, slept for less than one hour then wake up to find the phone very very hot to a degree I thought it will not turn on again (73% battery remaining) clicked the power button, black screen with stuck loading appeared, long pressed the back button to discover this is the start screen itself. Turned off the phone then switched it on again, worked again but instantly the heat rises again without doing anything. Turned it off again until it became cold and turned it on and again the heat return without opening anything. Then turned off backup settings and every other settings even the battery saver it self turned off from the background. Restart again still there is heat but after 5 min things become better. Now there is heat but don't know what to do.

My main concern hear is the phone being heated to this insane level. At this level of heat I'm afraid the phone makes fire while sleeping or explodes.
As much as I'm being crazy to have WP8.1 as much as I'm afraid from my phone now.

Anyone can help, anyone experienced this? Any suggestions?
So sad 😢

gallio

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Same issue here on my 1520. It has made my phone almost worthless. This is the buggiest OS preview I've seen as of yet.

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I advise you to flash your phone with NSU or Nokia recovery tool to get Windows Phone 8 back, I flashed my phone and I can't be happier :) everything is smooth again, hubs are back, that's the real WP experience!

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Same issue here on my 1520. It has made my phone almost worthless. This is the buggiest OS preview I've seen as of yet.

Yes you are right. I'm surprised with the large number of bugs. As many don't know, they call it a preview but its actually the RTM version which mean ready for consumer except the firmware part.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
I advise you to flash your phone with NSU or Nokia recovery tool to get Windows Phone 8 back, I flashed my phone and I can't be happier :) everything is smooth again, hubs are back, that's the real WP experience!

Oh man can't go back. For me 8.0 ancient history. Now ;) kidding. Not that much.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Well, it's a preview. It's made to help developers optimize their apps for the new OS.

Yes right. And to discover small bugs in the OS but this heat issue is not allowable. It may damage the phone totally or make fire. Just wondering if they know about it and released it anyway.

ToonU

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Yes right. And to discover small bugs in the OS but this heat issue is not allowable. It may damage the phone totally or make fire. Just wondering if they know about it and released it anyway.

The phone will perform an instant shut off if it is too hot, but I agree that they need to fix the heat issue.

husam2277

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
The phone will perform an instant shut off if it is too hot, but I agree that they need to fix the heat issue.

Aha good to know that. Makes me feels better. I know this is exist in computer systems and good to be exist in phones too.
Why I'm so nervous is that i have never touched a phone hot to this level. Imagine 27% battery in less than one hour on stand by. This should last minimum 27 hours on standby. Even when I run heavy games it won't consume that much.

ToonU

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Mine doesn't heat up when I'm using it, but when I plug it in it literally goes up 4 - 6 degrees
I had to keep it under a fan last time.

gallio

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Issue solved. It's the location services. Disable them and your battery life will go back to normal. I added it to action center quick toggle. Can't use Cortana while disabled, but super quick to re-enable.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo