Microsoft stopped WP8.1 Developer Preview update for all devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupenyk

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
Microsoft stopped OTA update to WP8.1 because of 80188309 error

From Ascend W1 forum:

Hello Everyone,

Here is the Friday update on how things are moving forward.**Without further delay, here is the news for today:

A little clarification on the update notification.The notification has stopped for all devices that have not yet taken the first update, however those that have taken the first update and are waiting for the second update to the current 8.1 build will continue to occur.At this point, I would recommend ignoring the update notification and wait for further updates from us.

The update itself is not going to be available today, or likely early next week.We will continue to work on getting you this update but it will not be as fast as you would like.I know a lot of you would like a better timeline on when it will be available, and at this time I cannot commit to a date.I will however, commit to updating you next Thursday April 24th, 2014 with any additional news.If I have any news or details before then, I will of course update you at that time.

We appreciate you being eager to participate in the Windows Phone Developer Preview Program, and look

forward to getting it to you as soon as possible.

[Update This is for all devices experiencing the 80188309, not just the Huawei devices.]

Thank you,
Eli A.

Windows Phone 8.1 Ascend W1 ->80188309 - Microsoft Community

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Last edited:

azcruz

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
What about Lumia devices??

See the update on the post-

Eli A. replied on April 19, 2014See post history Close

Microsoft Wiki Author Forum Moderator

Hello Everyone,
Here is the Friday update on how things are moving forward. Without further delay, here is the news for today:
1.A little clarification on the update notification. The notification has stopped for all devices that have not yet taken the first update, however those that have taken the first update and are waiting for the second update to the current 8.1 build will continue to occur. At this point, I would recommend ignoring the update notification and wait for further updates from us.
2.The update itself is not going to be available today, or likely early next week. We will continue to work on getting you this update but it will not be as fast as you would like. I know a lot of you would like a better timeline on when it will be available, and at this time I cannot commit to a date. I will however, commit to updating you next Thursday April 24th, 2014 with any additional news. If I have any news or details before then, I will of course update you at that time.

We appreciate you being eager to participate in the Windows Phone Developer Preview Program, and look

forward to getting it to you as soon as possible.

[Update: This is for all devices experiencing the 80188309, not just the Huawei devices.]

Thank you,
Eli A.

clechner77

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
It's a developer preview..... This is why companies pull their hair out with people saying its garbage, etc. It's available for people to try out, test code against, get a sense of what's working, what's tempermental, etc. The core has few problems. Most are app specific and many are already fixed or in the process of being fixed. Others will be fixed with vendor specific firmware/updates. As much as I love these versions being public available, I almost wish they wouldn't do it and keep it closed to MSDN just to stop people that have no clue and justcomplain when nobody forced this update on them and it is simply not a finished product (though likely the core is close).

livejazz

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Maybe it's, somehow, device specific? I've had it on my 1520 since literally seconds after availability and no problems since. I updated a 925 last night at 6, but don't know what time they supposedly pulled.

Poirots Progeny

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
On top of being device specific could out also be region , or carrier specific?

I've got unlocked, bought sim free 625, 1020 and 1520 devices and in all honestly they are running more fluidly and stably that before.

The caveat is that my 625 had the power button issue but I reinstalled everything after a full write and that seems to have gone.

Well this does live up to its developer preview moniker!

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I think WP 8.1 works just fine with my Lumia 1520, no problems so far.

actually there is too many small things that they changed from working good to complete rubbish, I say hello to the new features, but why change what was available?
meaning, if a new feature effects something that was made before fine, but if it has nothing to do with why change it!?
like the tap and hold curser! this is insane, if you tap and hold the curser will be under you finger, you wont be able to drag it between two letters.
hope they get there stuff together

Last edited:

psiu_glen

Dec 26, 2011
Visit site
actually there is too many small things that they changed from working good to complete rubbish, I say hello to the new features, but why change what was available?
meaning, if a new feature effects something that was made before fine, but if it has nothing to do with why change it!?
like the tap and hold curser! this is insane, if you tap and hold the curser will be under you find, you wont be able to drag it between two letters.
hope they get there stuff together

This, exactly.

Changes to the Photo hub...changes to the awesome scrolling pictures reel.

Changes in the Phone app. Accidentally click on a name while scrolling through recent calls? You're calling them (removed the circled call icon to left). Click on the Contacts icon at the bottom? Well now it's a phonebook and you're calling them when you tap their name instead of looking something up (because heaven forbid a smartphone have multiple capabilities).

THE GOSHDANG MUSIC APP WTF IS THIS STUFF -- I MEAN SERIOUSLY? When we left WP7 behind we wanted gapless playback, maybe better podcast support? They've gone backwards ever since. Seriously backwards.

Games Hub. Not a hub anymore. Just junk.

Messaging. Not a hub anymore.

Me tile. No more integrated social functions. Could still break this stuff out into a Me system level app, updateable but not in your app list, keep up with API changes and the like. Instead I get to stare at the screen for 13 seconds while my 520 pounds away at the bloat of the FB app.

Background tasks. Where are they? Who the hell knows? Did the latest FB just re-enable background tasks for it? Well, it's not at the top anymore so let me scroll all over the place aaahhhh to hell with it. Used to be so easy. Tap, swipe, tap, looook for offenders. Why wasn't it just integrated into there?

The lag is amazing. I go back to the Start screen and it's like being on my old OG Droid and the days of launcher redraws while I wait for things to fill in again.

edit:

why did WP7 have Zune on the desktop with easy syncing support INCLUDING wifi and we have to use Win8 with the worst program ever designed while plugged in and multiple songs AND THROWS ALL THIS CRAP ACROSS THE ROOM :crying::eck::devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers