Facebook app to v8.1.44 in Windows Phone 8.1 Dev preview, big time battery drain

Vinayak Hanchate

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
After updating Facebook app to v8.1.44 in Windows Phone 8.1 Dev preview, a serious battery drain issue occurred.
In Battery sense Facebook app shows maximum drain. Even in facebook app itself "connect with my phone" seems to be in continuous loop and not getting done the sync with phone showing error. Any one seen same problem after update? Any fix for this ?

wp_ss_20140419_0005.png

wp_ss_20140419_0001.png

Vinayak Hanchate.
vinayak.hanchate@live.in

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I would like to point to you that the battery sense's consumption is cumulative ie. it is data stored on it since the phone first started and does not show how much it has used in the past hour or something like that. So keep that in mind. If you use Facebook a lot it will have a lot of usage on battery sense for example.

Vinayak Hanchate

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
what about the "connect with my phone" feature not working since update. I am not able to see my Facebook updates in people hub and Facebook photos in the photos. Though I am able to see Me tile there is working option to use facebook for check-in and post an update. Calender also has Facebook integration, it seems there is a problem in the People hub and Facebook photo folder.
Anyone any fix ??

Vinayak Hanchate

Jun 23, 2013
Visit site
After updating Facebook app to v8.1.44 in Windows Phone 8.1 Dev preview, a serious battery drain issue occurred.
In Battery sense Facebook app shows maximum drain. Even in facebook app itself "connect with my phone" seems to be in continuous loop and not getting done the sync with phone showing error. Any one seen same problem after update? Any fix for this ?

View attachment 63684

View attachment 63685

Vinayak Hanchate.
vinayak.hanchate@live.in

Found the problem.
Facebook contact filter was added to the People hub. enabling that resolved issue. Hope it will also resolve the battery and over heat problem.
Let you know status tomorrow.

anon(8657436)

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
what about the "connect with my phone" feature not working since update. I am not able to see my Facebook updates in people hub and Facebook photos in the photos. Though I am able to see Me tile there is working option to use facebook for check-in and post an update. Calender also has Facebook integration, it seems there is a problem in the People hub and Facebook photo folder.
Anyone any fix ??

That integration has been removed now in WP8.1. It's just not there. You can only update your status update and that too from the app itself.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99