Anyone else out there who prefers solid tile colours rather than start backgrounds?

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
Totally, but the last thing we need to bring wp closer to Android is "Live start screen bgs" ...... Yuuuukkk 😠😒

What's wrong with live start screen backgrounds? I've seen a star wars coruscant-ish live background, and it is really awesome! It is sort of pointless since people don't really stare at their backgrounds for a long time to watch an entire loop of a live background, but if you're doing something where you're waiting for a long time, then it gives you something to avoid getting bored.

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
Hehehe... How about a solid background that IS an image background. :p (In reality I have a picture of a sunrise I took in a beach).

WP_201404201_zps0c494b08.png~original

WP_201404202_zps25db9596.png~original

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site

bulls96

Jun 25, 2007
Visit site
I felt like this too.. preferring not to use any backgrounds and just go with the theme color,

That is until I downloaded some backgrounds from the PolyScreen app. They are solid and just have patterns.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

Kram Sacul

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
There are those who design their start screen with tiles they actually use and then there are those who just pin a bunch of tiles so the background can show through.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Now we have both!
I think the choice between solid or see thru is just an add-on wanted by many.
Of course everyone will settle into one or maybe spend some time customizing to post or impress.

It's just a choice.

sumton

Apr 21, 2013
Visit site
good thing they aren't forcing it on anyone if you like solid color keep it that way, if you like background you have the option
you could even create your own solid background colors then apply it

kingenu

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
until the twitter app, get the transparent feature, i can't use the background cos it looks weird, i have a large twitter tile and it just looks out of place. i think microsoft should give users an option to override all app tiles

Pranjal Rai

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
What's wrong with live start screen backgrounds? I've seen a star wars coruscant-ish live background, and it is really awesome! It is sort of pointless since people don't really stare at their backgrounds for a long time to watch an entire loop of a live background, but if you're doing something where you're waiting for a long time, then it gives you something to avoid getting bored.
The last thing we need is to see wp become like lagdroid..., do you know how much ram those live wallpapers consume?

kylezangel

Apr 5, 2014
Visit site
I can't really answer this because my start screen changes all the time lol! One day solid and colorful, others transparent and showing an image. It works for me though

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I prefer the transparent tiles with a background image, but I do believe if done carelessly, it could become an eyesore. This is what I have as of right now and it works well for me:

dqrVfSD.jpg

Edit: Images aren't perfectly lined up. Did the best I could do, while in a hurry...

architxt

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
I actually like my current combination of solid and transparent tiles.

It would be great if one could choose whether to use a transparent or solid tile, and perhaps even the colour for the latter.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa