MUST READ - Lumia 920 owners running 8.1 and WhatsApp

Status
Not open for further replies.

cdayo

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Before you try this, ensure you are in a quiet environment:

Open WhatsApp and put the speaker (bottom end of the phone) next to your ear - and you may very well hear a static noise. This doesn't always happen in the main WhatsApp page, so then enter into a chat and then it should happen if it hasn't already.

This has been proven on a number of my friends 920s too. I hadn't noticed it until it was pointed out to me. It clearly seems like a software incompatibility issue with 8.1 and WhatsApp on a Lumia 920.

The same issue was not able to be reproduced on my HTC 8x.

Tell me how you guys go. Many of you will be surprised I'm guessing.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Does not happen on my Lumia 920 from Rogers but tested it on my 810 and it does have a slight hissing noise

Last edited:

bsoder13

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting the "cracking" or "popping" sound in Metrotube when I skip ahead in a video. I emailed the dev and they said they're looking into the issue...

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I can hear the sound, but WhatsApp works ok on my Lumia 920. I guess this sound can be the answer to the battery usage.

Sent from my RM-820_lta_lta1_272 using Tapatalk

Madhan N

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
It happens in Whatsapp Beta also. Once you enter the chat window it starts and wont stop until app is closed. May be due to this my battery is getting hot and draining quickly.

WP_20140420.png

Have mailed the whatsapp WP beta support team about this bug. Previously I have got replies from the whatsapp WP beta support team regarding the bugs I reported so hopefully they take note of this also.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills