Text Messages not fully restored after hard reset? w/WP8.1

TheMoonbeam

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I installed the Developer Preview on my Nokia Lumia 920 back when it came out on the 14th, but decided to do a reset this weekend to try and resolve some of the bugs I've been experiencing (i.e. inaccurate battery indicator, unstable Wifi connection, random reboots). Before performing the hard reset, I made sure everything was up-to-date, and ran a backup. After everything finished restoring, my texts had only restored to last September. There are a lot of text I like to hold onto for various reasons, especially more recent ones. So I waited an extra hour, and nothing else restored. Restarted the phone and still no change.
So I ran another hard-reset and with the same process, it only restored to last June. I tried digging through all the settings to see if there's a way to manually restore all the texts, but I couldn't find anything, and I already have "Download Message from" set to "Any time".

Is anyone else experiencing this issue? Any tips or recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

TheMoonbeam

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm not surprised that it can take a long time. My main issue is that it starts out restoring my texts super quick, then reaches a point where it stops. After leaving it alone for a few hours, I'd expect it to have progressed, but it was still at the last message it had restored before seemingly stopping. I'll wait a little longer though, just in case.

TheMoonbeam

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I might be expereincing an issue similar to yours, as well. I've noticed that my Microsoft account and Twitter account show as "Not up to date", and no longer how they long they "sync" for, the same message pops up in the Account view.

TheMoonbeam

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
At least you can back them up.

Evey time I select the option to back up sms my Microsoft account stops syncing. :(

I might be experiencing a similar issue to yours, as well. I've noticed that my Microsoft account and Twitter account always show as "not up to date". And no matter how long it syncs for, it always comes back as saying the accounts are not up to date. I'm wondering if these issues are related...

Nimdock

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I might be experiencing a similar issue to yours, as well. I've noticed that my Microsoft account and Twitter account always show as "not up to date". And no matter how long it syncs for, it always comes back as saying the accounts are not up to date. I'm wondering if these issues are related...

Try disabling the syncing of texts to see if it is the same issue. As soon as I did that on mine the accounts synced automatically.

TheMoonbeam

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Try disabling the syncing of texts to see if it is the same issue. As soon as I did that on mine the accounts synced automatically.

Problem solved: It took several (6 or so) "syncs", but each time it synced more of my texts. After responding to your other reply, I decided to test if the two were related. Such was the case, that the accounts weren't synced 100%, because my texts and messages were not fully loaded.

papasurf

Aug 1, 2014
Visit site
I know this is an older thread but I helped me out. I did a hard reset on my wife's Lumia 635 a day ago and she noticed missing texts. After about 36 hours I took here phone and turned sync on and off and saw the newest texts were back :) Prior to that she only had lost all 2016 messages. The hard reset was done to get her phone to see an the new SD card I bought her. Anyways, I am no longer in the dog house :) Thank you!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos