heat and battery issues on my ativ s

fl_x

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks,
I've been rocking the dev preview since it was released and so far I didn't come across any major show stoppers for me. Lucky me, hum?
Besides camera problems that many others seem to have also, I noticed that my phone tends to heat up more then before. It used to get pretty warm when running some intense apps like Microsoft's card games (cough) but now every-day-tasks like what's app or the new internet explorer manage to get to the same heat level. Is not getting burning hot but certainly to a uncomfortable state. In the same sense the battery usage seems to take a hit as well. In idle my battery is still pretty good and didn't change for the worse. But surfing the web or chatting over what's app quickly gets to a usage up to 20-25% per hour or even worse.

Is this something where we have to wait for Samsung to get up their arse, or is it maybe the new hardware acceleration that is responsible for the battery hit?

Cheers
Flx

Ps; the word flow keyboard is pretty awesome :D

AtivS8

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
I have the same phone and what seems like issue, I originally though it was combination of wifi and charging but it seems to be anything the battery was always incredibly and to give it due yes its okay for almost a full day but will a new battery solve this or again might samsung resolve this in a year release a new windows 8.1 destined phone? Phone to hot now haha

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon