Share your WP8.1 experience!

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys!
What do you guys think of the Windows Phone 8.1 update?
Experiencing any problems, bugs or anything?

Just thought I would share my experience with the update.

To be honest, I love the new update, I think it's actually improved my phone, not made it worse like it has with other phones.
For reference, my handset is a Huawei Ascend W1-U00 with firmware revision 1030.56.01000.05310, on O2 - UK.

I am using Cortana fine in the UK, with all necessary settings set to English (United States).
Even though I am loving the update, I've had a few problems with the Xbox Music app, with the dreaded black screen.
I am using NiQi Music Player though, so that's all good!

Even though I miss the features I used a lot, such as the QR reader, I am loving new features such as Project my Screen, WiFi Sense, Cortana, Swype keyboard, notification centre, three column tile support, etc...
Nothing bothers me that it is only a developer preview!

Here's my Windows Phone 8.1 Start screen, because, well why not!
10262038_248567935328111_6002051355994561410_n.jpg

Share your experience with everyone!

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I have installed it on my yellow Lumia 1020. I live in Sweden and have not changed region, so I haven't tried Cortana (to much hassle)
Over all I'm neutral about the update, but the slaughter of people hub is really putting me off. The new start screen i loved more then i thought i would and i really want to give Microsoft props for there vision here.
Also Xbox Music is completely dead. It will not show any of my purchased songs. Hopefully it will be fixed at Tuesday patch. I have contacted Microsoft, written in WP dev forum and ran the Diagnostic app, so I done my part. :)
I love the new start screen and individual app notifications, I consider this and the action center my top 3 favorites.

I feel pretty positive about the update but the fall of the hubs have also made me indifferent about Windows Phone. In the hunt to become as the competitors there loosing the unique thing that have been this wonderful OS. What I'm saying is that the fall of the hubs is not making me 100% sure that the next phone will be a Windows Phone. I guess we will see how this pan out and how support outside U.S. evolves (if any) and if I can live without the hubs and still feel loyal. But indifferent is the word I would put forward. I really hope we can get to choose black theme in the Facebook app in the future, to compensate for the loss of social hubs.

Ryan ODonnell

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
I have installed it on my yellow Lumia 1020. I live in Sweden and have not changed region, so I haven't tried Cortana (to much hassle)
Over all I'm neutral about the update, but the slaughter of people hub is really putting me off. The new start screen i loved more then i thought i would and i really want to give Microsoft props for there vision here.
Also Xbox Music is completely dead. It will not show any of my purchased songs. Hopefully it will be fixed at Tuesday patch. I have contacted Microsoft, written in WP dev forum and ran the Diagnostic app, so I done my part. :)
I love the new start screen and individual app notifications, I consider this and the action center my top 3 favorites.

I feel pretty positive about the update but the fall of the hubs have also made me indifferent about Windows Phone. In the hunt to become as the competitors there loosing the unique thing that have been this wonderful OS. What I'm saying is that the fall of the hubs is not making me 100% sure that the next phone will be a Windows Phone. I guess we will see how this pan out and how support outside U.S. evolves (if any) and if I can live without the hubs and still feel loyal. But indifferent is the word I would put forward. I really hope we can get to choose black theme in the Facebook app in the future, to compensate for the loss of social hubs.

I've gotta say, I totally agree with you. I hate the hubs that have gone, and don't worry, my Xbox Music is totally dead too!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05