Live Tiles

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Anyone else's live tiles stop working. Mine have been intermittent and totally stopped since lat night. Soft reset not working to fix. I tried uninstalling reinstalling some apps and no luck.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I found the app that was causing the problem. Its actually the Transparency Tiles and as well as their premium app Start Perfect. I uninstalled them and now tiles are updated flawlessly as they did prior to installing these apps. I am thinking that because they are tiles that link to the apps, but not functional tiles that flip and show updates, they are conflicting with my phone. I have a Lumia 928. I had to pay the $0.99 to figure this out!

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
No battery saver. No data sense limit. All old apps like NYTimes, nextgen reader, amazing weather HD stopped updating the live tiles. I did turn on Cortana. Did hard reset once, which didn't help. This, coupled with the terrible music app, really pushes me towards whatever Apple is going to release the coming fall.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any bing apps? Seems Bing food and drink was also an issue for me. Uninstalled and wallah...titles started updated. Go figure a Microsoft app would mess this up.

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Amazing weather HD stopped updating for me too so I uninstalled it. I am wondering if it was the Bing apps then that caused it. I'll try amazing weather again and report back I the live tile issue is resolved.

I read a thread about the Bing apps so I am not the only one

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
Well installed amazing weather HD and the live tile is working good again. I have no Bing apps installed. Hmmm...

Last edited:

HTC13

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I don't recall what wp8.1 update but since then I have not had any live tile issues. Looks like it was addressed as one of this "and other enhancements" in the OS update.

ljharper

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
My live tiles also suddenly stopped updating sometime last night. Not those that are related to 3rd party apps, but all the system tiles such as my email account tiles and messages, even though I knew I had unread emails and messages. They did not show on the lock screen either.

However, I just powered off my phone and started it back up, and they are working fine now.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo