My BIGGEST issue with WP8.1 - The "laggy" notification centre animation

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Facebook, Hotmail, Market, Data Sense, Phone, Whatsapp and Wi-Fi. I already have a bunch of notifications (more than 20 i think) and still that, no lag at all.

Thanks, I'll post a video showing the lag/stutter. It's looking likely an issue with the Notification Centre, and Skype given the details you've told me.

Here is a small video of it. Admittedly it's low quality, and this is only showing minor lag, it gets worst as more appear. I can post the more severe lag later, but I'm busy using the phone a lot at the moment.

http://1drv.ms/1iivOpd

Last edited:

Rem97

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site
It's smooth till there is a certain threshold of Notifications. It could be an application issue, Skype seems to cause this the most.

I've experienced this also, when I had were a lot notifications. Hopefully this is one of the bugs that MS addresses before official release of 8.1.

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Will this issue be fixed or not? When I have around 80+ Whatsapp messages for example, the notification centre is SUPER LAGGY.

Also, the underlining animation itself doesn't look fluid, so would love them to streamline it (my cousin's dual core Android phone has a smoother notification centre pull down animation!).

EspHack

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
its not lag, the animation has 3 steps really, but its only one when there are no notifications at all, but when you got a lot of them they seem to pause the drop down for a second

keevre

Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Some people just can't perceive "lag". Maybe it's something in their brains but the action center does lag.

One notification and it's butter smooth, two or threes programs showing up notifications and it lags like hell.
Running Lumia Cyan GDR1 on all my devices. MS should fix this, inadmissible.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss