My BIGGEST issue with WP8.1 - The "laggy" notification centre animation

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Pulling down the top of the screen to bring up the notification centre has an animation that seems laggy. Actually, there is no lag, but the way the animation is currently, that's what it looks like. I compared it to Android and iPhone and it just doesn't look smooth with the 3-step animation.

Do you feel the same? Should the pull-down be a single animation?

himmatsj

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
No issues with the animations as well? Nothing jarring? Like I said, it is not actually lag, and you probably have to really have a keen eye to observe it.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Pulling down the top of the screen to bring up the notification centre has an animation that seems laggy. Actually, there is no lag, but the way the animation is currently, that's what it looks like. I compared it to Android and iPhone and it just doesn't look smooth with the 3-step animation.

Do you feel the same? Should the pull-down be a single animation?

Yes, I have experienced this, it's when there is more than a certain threshold of notifications. It's not part of the 2 stages of the notification centre either, it only stops/lags when there is more than the threshold there. You won't get this stutter/lag till then.

I've sent a few diagnostics reports using their diagnostics application, so hopefully when it is released to the general public they may have addressed some of these things.

ShaneRay

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
I don't notice any lags on my 520. However, I do find the "sweet spot" for dragging down is too small. Wish they could implement a mechanical way of doing it. Like, two quick taps (up or down) on the volume rocker.

Anyway, as I said, no issues here on my lowly 520.

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Not here, dude. I can guarantee.

May I ask have you allowed notifications to fill up? What applications do you have issuing notifications to the notification centre?

This isn't something that happens with just a few notifications. So try letting it fill up, and then get back to me. If you still don't experience, that's good, I'm only verifying that the OP's problem isn't something only he is suffering from, that's all.

To clarify "fill up" isn't just 5-6, it's more than that.

Last edited:

mariusfilip

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
May I ask have you allowed notifications to fill up? What applications do you have issuing notifications to the notification centre?

This isn't something that happens with just a few notifications. So try letting it fill up, and then get back to me. If you still don't experience, that's good, I'm only verifying that the OP's problem isn't something only he is suffering from, that's all.

if that is your biggest problem...than...you're lucky...LOL...it ain't a problem, i think this is your 'problem'
http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...elopers/278072-action-center-handy-trick.html
it's specially made that way...if you want, it's a 2-way step , to have access to settings,also viewing battery percentage, date,and 'toggles' without dragging it all the way down...if you don't want that...try swiping fast from up to down and if it lags...i'll order you 20 pizza's...but only if you tell me your adress...aaaaaa.....and pin card number...just joking(just at the end of the post...not with the 'problem') :winktongue:

Bearach

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Where did I say that was my biggest problem? And no it's not this two step, I've said it before. If it were it wouldn't be smooth till a certain number was met. So your theory is incorrect.

My theory is that at the point of the two-step - which I knew about on day one - is where WP8.1 loads the current notifications to show on the notification centre. Once this exceeds an optimized amount of notifications this lag/stutter occurs.

NOTE: I'm not the OP

Last edited:

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site

Facebook, Hotmail, Market, Data Sense, Phone, Whatsapp and Wi-Fi. I already have a bunch of notifications (more than 20 i think) and still that, no lag at all.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo