Issue with IE11 but not other mobile browsers after 8.1

Michael Kerametlian

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
IE11 doesn't work on mobile network but works fine on Wifi.

Error message: "We can't display this page right now. The website you're trying to reach may be experiencing technical difficulties. Try again later. Error: Cannot find server or DNS error"

My APN settings are fine, considering UC browser works perfectly fine on my mobile network, it's just IE who decided to (pardon my French) **** the bed two days ago.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
did you tried deleting IE history/cache files ?
I am using Ie 11 on mobile data and it works fine. Which website are you trying to access on mobile data ?

Michael Kerametlian

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
4G on Videotron in Montreal.

Then again, I've had issues being on Videotron and not being able to receive MMS txts since I got the 920 then 1020. I can send MMS, but cannot receive >_>

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
4G on Videotron in Montreal.

Then again, I've had issues being on Videotron and not being able to receive MMS txts since I got the 920 then 1020. I can send MMS, but cannot receive >_>
What device do you have?

What carrier was your unlocked device originally branded to? It looks like Videotron supports the AWS bands (1700 and 2100) which would be the same as those used by T-Mobile USA. Limitations to our support

Michael Kerametlian

Jul 21, 2013
Visit site
hah obviously it 'should' work, it just doesn't.
It's strange as hell, worked well when I got a sim card for Rogers when I went to Toronto for a week, but the minute I'm on Videotron's sim, I can't receive MMS txts.

Either way, this thread was mainly put out to make whomever it concerns aware that there must be some sort of bug with IE

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site

Lalit_S

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the exact same issue with my 920 on Koodo as well! It's funny as it brings up suggestions as I type URL's or searches, but once I hit enter, I get the same error.

mburazin

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
Having the same issue here. I have a unlocked 620 on Airvoice Wireless. Everything works just fine on Wi-Fi, but as soon as I go off the Wi-Fi grid I get the DNS error. The funny thing is I can do web searches on Bing/Cortana, navigate with HERE Drive+, etc. but I can't pull up any webpages in IE on my 3G cell connection. I sure hope this gets fixed soon.

Zaki Maksyutov

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
The same issue for me as well: 8.1 dev preview, Lumia 1020 from Rogers, using Koodo, access point configured to use Koodo, everything works (bing, email, store, suggestions) beside browser.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans