04-25-2014 01:19 PM
26 12
tools
    I had seen some new apps for File Manager on WP8.1 (Pocket File Manager, Aerize Explorer ect.)

But the best until now is Procket Explorer (Pocket Explorer | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States))

I have tried Pocket File Manager Beta, its a great app, but kind of slow yet, I hope the developer keep updating, have a great potential.

Finally, we can share ANY file by e-mail native client.
    Josip Zeljko likes this.
    04-22-2014 07:45 AM
    Can it open rar and zip files with mp3s and extract them to the music hub?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 928 using Tapatalk
    04-22-2014 08:03 AM
    Can it open rar and zip files with mp3s and extract them to the music hub?

hmmm actually nope. I just tried that, and when I opened a .zip file they shows me the files and the only option is for open, not extract option or save. I'm gonna e-mail the developer about that.
    deadwrong03 likes this.
    04-22-2014 08:22 AM
    Hey all! I'm actually the developer for this app - happy to see some traction going!

Right now there is no integrated ZIP/RAR function, but I will look into this soon. First I'm looking to make the application beautiful, rock solid and fast with its core feature set. A current workaround for the ZIP issue is to just unzip with a different application, then copy those files over to the Music Hub with Pocket Explorer.

I've just submitted an update to fix any SD Card issue previously reported. (I thought I did it this morning, but the upload failed, woops!)
    04-22-2014 03:31 PM
    What apps can unzip files?

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
    04-22-2014 06:12 PM
    Can you add support for Onedrive? It will be great!

What apps can unzip files?

Sent from my RM-860_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk
    Archiver
    04-22-2014 06:20 PM
    Hey all! I'm actually the developer for this app - happy to see some traction going!
    Thank you for joining this discussion... I'd like to ask, does 8.1 offer new API's that make this kind of app possible now?
    04-23-2014 10:25 AM
    Thank you for joining this discussion... I'd like to ask, does 8.1 offer new API's that make this kind of app possible now?
    Yes it does allow you
    04-23-2014 10:27 AM
    WP8,1 allow access to internal folders (Music, Documents, Downloads, etc), WP8.0 allow only access to Pictures folder.
    MKairys likes this.
    04-23-2014 10:59 AM

Right now there is no integrated ZIP/RAR function, but I will look into this soon. First I'm looking to make the application beautiful, rock solid and fast with its core feature set. A current workaround for the ZIP issue is to just unzip with a different application, then copy those files over to the Music Hub with Pocket Explorer.

I've just submitted an update to fix any SD Card issue previously reported. (I thought I did it this morning, but the upload failed, woops!)
    Hey thanks man! I think your app have a great potential, can add OneDrive/OneNote support please?
    04-23-2014 12:12 PM
    One drive support is on the radar. Just have to finish getting the smoothest, lightest, experience possible first! :)
    04-23-2014 10:04 PM
    where to locate the pre-installed background pics? cant locate it?
    04-23-2014 10:13 PM
    Can you add support for Onedrive? It will be great!

Archiver

I downloaded a zip file in the browser and it said it downloaded to the downloads folder and when I went to archiver to open it the zip folder the zip folder is no where to be found in archiver ?

04-23-2014 10:49 PM

The app still crashes when I try and load my music folder. Any timeline for when a fix will be pushed out?
    04-23-2014 11:56 PM
    The app still crashes when I try and load my music folder. Any timeline for when a fix will be pushed out?
    I've actually been trying really hard to replicate this bug, but I just can't find a way to crash my Music folder. If you could help me out in figuring when that happens it would be fantastic:
    How many songs/albums do you have?
    Is there something uncommon in your folder? (e.g. different character alphabets, very large movie files, etc.)
    04-24-2014 12:10 AM
    I've actually been trying really hard to replicate this bug, but I just can't find a way to crash my Music folder. If you could help me out in figuring when that happens it would be fantastic:
    Is there something uncommon in your folder? (e.g. different character alphabets, very large movie files, etc.)
    I'll have a look. I do have a lot of music in there, about 15gb. One of the artists has a dollar sign, another has a comma. Maybe they could be issues?

Crashes immediately after trying to open the music folder
    04-24-2014 01:31 AM
    Scratch that, comma is in the artist name but not the folder name
    04-24-2014 01:36 AM
    Nice file manager but could you please make the start page to show as phone memory and sd card & also the + to add shortcut doesn't look pretty on the start page...
    And also please make an option so that we can browse the pics continously....
    04-24-2014 01:41 AM
    alrighty, heres all the info:

1) Characters that differ from regular alphanumeric in my folder names are: ' - $ ( . )
    2) I have 89 artist folders
    3) There are a total of 2033 files
    4) There is 9.34gb of music total in that folder

Hope this helps! Really would love to use this app with my music folder :)
    04-24-2014 02:31 AM
    Ah, I have things tested up to 5GB, I'll pile up stuff on my test folder to try to replicate that scenario. Thanks for the help!
    04-24-2014 03:17 AM
    Ah, I have things tested up to 5GB, I'll pile up stuff on my test folder to try to replicate that scenario. Thanks for the help!
    Hello developer,
    As you know we can't a add custom ringtones directly from our phone even with 8.1 so can you please add the functionality to set any song or tone as ringtone. Please do add this it's 2014 for gods sake! Btw great work on the file manager there!
    04-24-2014 03:29 AM
    Yeah crank it in debug mode. Prob just an OOM exception.
    04-24-2014 04:00 AM
    Weirdly enough, the memory usage seems to be quite low from the analysis I ran. So it's not what I was expecting. App was chugging along just fine with a 3k-file long music archive!
    Does the folder crash instantly, or do you see some files before it crashing? It might be program encountering an unexpected folder or file name, I'm investigating the possibilities.
    04-24-2014 06:56 PM
    So, which is the main thread, this one, or this*:
    http://forums.windowscentral.com/dev...ml#post2498162
    Silly having two, can one be locked & we have just the one dev thread, please.

*the latter at least seems to be in the best sub-forum
    04-24-2014 11:17 PM
    Weirdly enough, the memory usage seems to be quite low from the analysis I ran. So it's not what I was expecting. App was chugging along just fine with a 3k-file long music archive!
    Does the folder crash instantly, or do you see some files before it crashing? It might be program encountering an unexpected folder or file name, I'm investigating the possibilities.
    Before the update it crashed immediately; after I could see some folders for about a second then it crashed. All music is downloaded from xbox music.
    04-25-2014 05:41 AM
26 12