Anything I should know before installing preview WP8.1?

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I think it repeated the same process of updating the first update -.- The update that I thought was the second final one looks like it is the same thing...it did the reboot spinning gears an is on the ALMOST DONE Step 3 of 6 AGAIN!

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I think it repeated the same process of updating the first update -.- The update that I thought was the second final one looks like it is the same thing...it did the reboot spinning gears an is on the ALMOST DONE Step 3 of 6 AGAIN!
Oh God! :/ check the message it gives when your phone is switched on

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Another poster said that there is actually 3 updates one is for the newer version of 8 then the pre install then the real install..This one seems to be taking a little longer so I am guessing its the real install.
Oh God! :/ check the message it gives when your phone is switched on

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
The updates took a while but I've updated both a Lumia 822 and 520 and both seem to working fine with no added battery drain. The 822 is my daily driver and I've been using 8.1 on it since it's release. I hope your update is successful.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
You have got to be kidding me...it started over again. Wth? I literally had to delete half my apps just to get 639.4mb It was supposedly installing and was at 96% then I got a message saying I needed 346mb and I have 649mb now its downloading the updates AGAIN. This is a headache...
The updates took a while but I've updated both a Lumia 822 and 520 and both seem to working fine with no added battery drain. The 822 is my daily driver and I've been using 8.1 on it since it's release. I hope your update is successful.

Xpider_MX

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
You have got to be kidding me...it started over again. Wth? I literally had to delete half my apps just to get 639.4mb It was supposedly installing and was at 96% then I got a message saying I needed 346mb and I have 649mb now its downloading the updates AGAIN. This is a headache...

Well, all update needs some space, even on android and iOS xD. And I remember you that it is a preview for developers, it is not the full experience after a firmware update.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Well, all update needs some space, even on android and iOS xD. And I remember you that it is a preview for developers, it is not the full experience after a firmware update.

Well I know that...which is why I deleted Half my apps...It left me with 640.4mb I was about done with the final install it was 96% then the messaged popped up saying I needed atleast 346mb of space...but I have 640.4mb so I don't know how there was no space.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Success!! I think I broke the record for the longest time it took to update lol Half the day. I am currently playing with it. It seemed kind of laggy and slow at first but after to soft resets its looking faster, I am loving that my other storage problem is gone and will continue playing around with it tonight. This is Effin awesome!! :D was worth it forsure.
=| did it get updated?

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
Success!! I think I broke the record for the longest time it took to update lol Half the day. I am currently playing with it. It seemed kind of laggy and slow at first but after to soft resets its looking faster, I am loving that my other storage problem is gone and will continue playing around with it tonight. This is Effin awesome!! :D was worth it forsure.
good :D Congrats! you broke my record but I was updating 3 of my phones! play with it have fun!

anon(123856)

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site
Well I guess I had plenty of room. I didn't get that error on either phone.

humblehyper

May 1, 2012
Visit site
My update went so smooth last night, so far I haven't experienced any overheating issue like the others, but the touch still sometimes register it as a tap instead of a swipe.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
You'll lose and miss IMO alot from 8.0. All hubs are messed up, OneDrive isn't working (have to upload directly from app and only ONE picture at a time- I actually had to do hard reset even to enable this) Battery problems, and recently WhatsApp is messing up with everybody (no or delayed notification)

Only things I'm happy with on 8.1 are notification center and extra tiles on start screen

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss