Issue regarding Remote Desktop Preview for Windows Phone 8.1

Alain_A

Dec 2, 2012
Visit site
Check out the supported OS list for Remote desktop preview.

With this app you can see the inside of your computer all the files and what not?..Does the computer need to stay on for that?..Can you go away to some other places then connect on wifi and see the inside of your computer with this app?

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
With this app you can see the inside of your computer all the files and what not?..Does the computer need to stay on for that?..Can you go away to some other places then connect on wifi and see the inside of your computer with this app?
yes. To access your remote desktop your PC must be on. The remote desktop connection doesn't require phone and desktop to be on the same WiFi network. You can connect your PC from anywhere provided the remote desktop connection option is enabled on your PC and your PC is on. While using remote desktop connection on your phone. Your PC will remain locked. If someone logs in then the connection will get disconnected.

Lumiamike

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Installed on Lumia 720 8.1 connected to W8.1 pro Mce no issues via local WiFi

Edit
Almost no issues, pinning a remote desktop tile to the home screen makes the Main Cortana pinned tile vanish, trying to re pin Cortana to the start screen is impossible as the Cortana app shows its is already pinned (greyed out )

Cortana still functions and is accessible using the search hardware button

Edit
No scrub that, I moved the Cortana tile today and failed to fill the gap... I blame.... anyone but me, its been a long day... exits stage left whistling

Last edited:

Cubeddd

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
So I got it to work this morning. Set up a WiFi network from my BlackBerry phone and connected both my phone and my computer to it. Allowed remote desktop on my laptop, and on the windows phone app, put in my FULL laptop name (which is just "Daniel") and my Microsoft account details, (email address and password). Worked flawlessly.

Now, when I went to the office and connected to the office network via LAN and connected my phone via WiFi, I couldn't get it to connect. Any ideas why?

GregP8

May 2, 2013
Visit site
Your office security may not allow the ports for RDC to be accessed through the company firewall. This is most likely the situation since it worked fine outside the office environment.

Andd

May 14, 2013
Visit site
When I connect to my pc it get locked and I can only use with the cellphone, when I unlock it I lost the connection. Is this normal? Can't I stay logged on my computer and on my cellphone at the same time?

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
When I connect to my pc it get locked and I can only use with the cellphone, when I unlock it I lost the connection. Is this normal? Can't I stay logged on my computer and on my cellphone at the same time?

You can't use your PC and cell phone at the same time when using cell if you login from PC the app will get disconnected...its absolutely normal

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos