WP 8.1 - Does anyone sync email with a Exchange 2003 server ?

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey all,

I've noticed a posable bug, this worked flawlessly with Windows Phone 8. I setup to sync with a Exchange 2003 server (Newest updates applied, confirmed). If I got into Email + Accounts, and look at the Outlook (exchange) connection, it shows "Not Up to date" , if I select it, it will try to sync 3-4 times, then it will give a error of "We have having a problem connecting, Try again later, Error Code: 0"

If I go into the accont via the live tile, it's updated, and new email pushes down fine, No isses there. I have it set to to sync "as items arrive" and that seems to work fine.

This could be affecting battery life if it's trying to sync and errors out. I tried it again with WP8 device and no problems at all.

Anyone syncing with a Exchange 2003 server and see this problem (a upgrade to Exchange 2010/2013 is scheduled soon but, few months down the line)?

nhaydon

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Pretty sure its not a bug. Is Exchange 2003 even supported any more? I know the newer version of Outlook dont even work with Exchange 2003 so you may want to think about upgrading your server or moving it to Exchange online.

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Pretty sure its not a bug. Is Exchange 2003 even supported any more? I know the newer version of Outlook dont even work with Exchange 2003 so you may want to think about upgrading your server or moving it to Exchange online.

Yes, it is supported still, and this worked flawlessly with Windows Phone 8... So yes, it looks like a bug... As for upgrade, coming in a few months but, for the time being...

This thread was to see if anyone was still syncing with Exchange 2003 and running into this issue.

kingbobyjr

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Yes, it is supported still, and this worked flawlessly with Windows Phone 8... So yes, it looks like a bug... As for upgrade, coming in a few months but, for the time being...

This thread was to see if anyone was still syncing with Exchange 2003 and running into this issue.

No issues here. We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 and I am not seeing that error.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb