Do you think we will get xbox games and music live tiles back in final release of 8.1?? I think since these apps are not integrated in the os they are not going to be as good as wp8.0 even if updated..they might be more simple, simply showing text instead of those animations. Only photos and people hub r part of os since they r not visible in storage sense.
    04-23-2014 10:07 AM
    Do you think we will get xbox games and music live tiles back in final release of 8.1?? I think since these apps are not integrated in the os they are not going to be as good as wp8.0 even if updated..they might be more simple, simply showing text instead of those animations. Only photos and people hub r part of os since they r not visible in storage sense.
    There is some advantages to have them as apps and personally I like it. If they are built into the OS, you will have to wait for a GDR release for a update (1-3 times a year) but, as a app, they can be updated all the time, this could add features and bug fixes with out having to do a system update... I'm leaning towards liking this model..
    04-23-2014 10:19 AM
    You don't need a system app for showing live tiles.
    04-23-2014 10:27 AM
    What we've seen so far seems very rushed and normally I'm patient enough to wait for a more polished experience but in this case I think MS really needed to get 8.1 out there, get it seen, get it talked about so I'm okay with these little things not ready for production. As said, since these apps are separated from the OS we'll hopefully see more updates along the way and since live tiles are a distinguishing feature of WP I'd like to think MS will turn it back on as they update their apps.
    04-23-2014 10:35 AM