Noticing a lot of missed calls with 8.1

savagelizards

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
I have only been on 8.1 since Sunday evening. Overall, the experience has been great. I seem to have missed out on the pain that a few of you have been feeling, and I am so thrilled to have a notification center that I am much happier with my Icon these days. And the tiles look cool too.

I have been noticing one issue, however. I have received a lot of voicemails lately when I have had my phone with me and a check of the call log shows that the phone never rang. This is not happening during quiet hours, but mostly in the middle of the workday when I have been at my desk, where my Icon worked just fine up to the 8.1 update. I suppose it could be my carrier having issues, but I am on Verizon and their coverage is really good in my area - it's their biggest selling point.

Has anyone else noticed a drop in phone connectivity after installing the 8.1 preview?

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Everyone seems to forget:
A preview update only includes the Microsoft portion of the update; mobile operator and OEM driver updates will be
available when the official update for your phone is available.

en0x#AC

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. my friend called me like 5 times in the row with no go... it was telling him that i'm unavailable or something similar. i checked my phone and i had 3 bars and zero missed calls... the sms came in through just fine tho.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss