Whatsapp notification problem

yaron zeevik

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hey so I upgraded to wp8.1 the day it came out and as time passing by I'm seeing these weird problem in my what's app ...sometimes I taping the tile and going to "chats " section and suddenly a get messages from people and when I'm looking at the time I see I got it 30 minutes ago without any notification or toast or sound and before you asking me I did checked the what's app configuration in the action center settings and it's on with banners sound and all of those things..

Thanks for the helpers:)

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

mrzees

Mar 3, 2013
Visit site
:unhappy:For me it started happening recently, as in I noticed it today. No toast notifications. I have to launch the whatsapp to see what I've missed. Other thing is I'm not getting the customary receive message tick. What's up with whatsapp :unhappy:

myVINTAGEimage

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I am getting the same problem too. no toast banner, quick status symbol on lock screen or notification center alert. started yesterday for me.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Hard reset
Soft reset
Reinstalling app
Turning on/ off data/wifi connection doesn't not fix it.

I tried all of that)) all we can do is wait for WA team to step up and update it

rudrAgni

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
I have this issue since pre WP 8.1. I did a hard reset after 8.1 installation hoping that would fix it. Cant say it is fixed but I haven't noticed any delayed notifications lately. Similar issue is with 6tag. Notifications are delayed. I tested with official Instagram app and it worked fine.

AntGR

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Same issue here, started recently. But I think it's back-end Problem, as the problem doesn't seem to affect fb, twt, Instagam or other apps notifications as well.

Also my gf is on iOS and seems to have similar issues....

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
I faced too much problems on 8.1, battery drain, lag, whatsapp delay...
Whatsapp drained all battery on 8.1 and dint even gave notification.
i downgraded to 8, all seems to fixed.
Cant face delay in whatsapp.

Most important to note,
Whatsapp wont update for 8.1, currently. As just 3% users opted for 8.1 PDP!

Downgrade and be relaxed! Let Developers play with 8.1 PDP!!

_Haitian

May 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I even did a full RESET and it's still not working. For a moment I thought it was because I used a none native sound for receiving messages so I knew it was coming from WhatsApp.

Note on Reset: It placed back all of my tiles right back where they were. You'll still need to retransfer music/pictures/videos unless you're all cloud based of course. I emailed WhatsApp tech support on this one yesterday. Haven't heard back from them yet.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05