Unable to delete maps from phone memory

SuneelBskr

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Guys, I'm posting this again "Unable to delete maps from phone memory".

Surprised that no one have this issue. Its actually, "unable to delete maps data from phone memory". Because, when I deleted the maps , I can't see them in my navigator(Here maps). But, I can see the storage is still occupied with maps data.

This is very much frustrating, I tried the delete option several times. No one ever tried this ? Or everyone are able to delete maps from phone memory with out any issue ?

Now, how the hell can I clean up the junk from my phone ? Please someone help me on this. Almost 1GB is wasted with no use(I'm talking only about map data, ofcourse there is lots of other junk aswell).

Edit : I again installed maps into my SD card, this is the actual purpose to delete them from phone.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
If you are using Nokia storage checker , its very buggy and isn't optimized for windows phone 8.1. Though it was buggy in wp8.1. Once you del maps from phone memory they will be deleted.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have according to storage sense 3.65GB in maps on my phone. I have no maps on my phone. I deleted them. But it still shows it.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
If you are using Nokia storage checker , its very buggy and isn't optimized for windows phone 8.1. Though it was buggy in wp8.1. Once you del maps from phone memory they will be deleted.

I think this is what started it, I downloaded it to move the maps to the sd card, (It didn't move it, I deleted the maps and reinstalled them) But then I had 3.65 in both the sd card and phone. So today I have used storage sense to move the DRIVE+ and Here Maps back to the phone, then will download the maps again. THen delete them to see if I can get rid of the 3.65... I use CoPilot so I really don't need 2 GPS software on my phone.

SuneelBskr

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I think this is what started it, I downloaded it to move the maps to the sd card, (It didn't move it, I deleted the maps and reinstalled them) But then I had 3.65 in both the sd card and phone. So today I have used storage sense to move the DRIVE+ and Here Maps back to the phone, then will download the maps again. THen delete them to see if I can get rid of the 3.65... I use CoPilot so I really don't need 2 GPS software on my phone.

Thats weird, isn't it ? not a small thing to ignore, since the Maps occupies huge memory then this is definately a huge bug ! With the phones like 720 and lower end, we get a limited space left in phone memory after the OS files.

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Thats weird, isn't it ? not a small thing to ignore, since the Maps occupies huge memory then this is definately a huge bug ! With the phones like 720 and lower end, we get a limited space left in phone memory after the OS files.

I am just hoping I don't have to do a factory reset with it. I would hate to have to put it all back. (Actually I am running out of things to do to it, so that might be a good thing.) LoL

hemanlive

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

Please try this next time. Go to Lumia Storage Check. It will show you option of maps. Once you tap it it will show you that you have (in your case) 3.65 gigs of maps in phone and same amount on the sd card. Change the settings to store maps on phone (NO it is not a typo. Change the storage to phone and NOT the SD card.) Now delete the maps. this way the map on the phone will get deleted. It may also get deleted from SD card. But NOW change the setting to store maps on sd card.
Next step: uninstall Here Maps (if it was NOT installed via the SD card). Save the .xap file of HERE Maps on the sd card. In my case I had to save the XAP on a PC and then move it to the SD card.
Next Step: restart the phone. go to Store and you should see an option of 'SD Card' in there. Install the app from the SD card.
Now download the maps again (just ensure that default location for maps is now SD card). the maps will be stored on the SD card only and your phone memory will be free

oditius

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

Please try this next time. Go to Lumia Storage Check. It will show you option of maps. Once you tap it it will show you that you have (in your case) 3.65 gigs of maps in phone and same amount on the sd card. Change the settings to store maps on phone (NO it is not a typo. Change the storage to phone and NOT the SD card.) Now delete the maps. this way the map on the phone will get deleted. It may also get deleted from SD card. But NOW change the setting to store maps on sd card.
Next step: uninstall Here Maps (if it was NOT installed via the SD card). Save the .xap file of HERE Maps on the sd card. In my case I had to save the XAP on a PC and then move it to the SD card.
Next Step: restart the phone. go to Store and you should see an option of 'SD Card' in there. Install the app from the SD card.
Now download the maps again (just ensure that default location for maps is now SD card). the maps will be stored on the SD card only and your phone memory will be free

Did that last night. Worked like a charm, my problem was that I didn't realize if I didn't change it to "Save to phone" I couldn't delete the one on the phone no matter what I did. But once doing that, it found the map and I deleted it. Thanks for the help

SuneelBskr

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

Just 'Whaaav' !!! Yes, it worked. A big relief, thanks a ton !

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720