Checkerboarding in IE 11, is it that hard to fix?

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
One thing that bugs me a lot regarding IE 11 is the checkerboarding when pinching in or out then flicking the web page. It's really annoying that even when you have the latest device (Lumia 1520) with a Snapdragon 800, it's still there. Mind you that my HTC Titan that has a 4-years-old cpu with Windows Phone 7.8 doesn't have the checkerboarding that the Lumia 1520 has, I will even show you that in a video to believe it!

The thing is, Windows RT on the Lumia 2520 with a Snapdragon 800 using IE 11 for Windows RT doesn't have this checkerboarding when scrolling in large web pages. I thought those IE versions on RT and WP are set to be similar and share lots of their code, so why does it happen only in WP even when the same chipsets are used?

One positive thing about the 8.1 update is that they removed the lag which occurs when you first scroll in a web page. That was a huge annoyance that got fixed, but we need this fixed too. The iPhone got no checkerboarding at all, nor does any Android browser with the latest hardware. WE NEED THIS FIXED!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You literally waited one hour.
Many of us do not check in here every other minute.
Be patient. And calm down.

I haven't seen any checkerboarding on my 920, only blanks at times.
Not going to lie, I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill, but then again a video to better illustrate what you are saying would be great.

linking1990

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
You literally waited one hour.
Many of us do not check in here every other minute.
Be patient. And calm down.

I haven't seen any checkerboarding on my 920, only blanks at times.
Not going to lie, I think you are making a mountain out of a molehill, but then again a video to better illustrate what you are saying would be great.
Yes , I was talking about the blanks thing, WP never had checkerboarding by the definition, just blanks when scrolling. It's just sad that it's 2014 and we are carrying this hardware and we are still having them appear (blanks)!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos