WP8.1 takes more time to re-charge battery?

Gautam Kabiraj

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi all!

I downloaded WP8.1 Dev Prev on my Lumia 720 on the same day of release. In the first week of use, I noticed some irregular battery drain all the time. I mean it drained heavily no matter what I do on my phone. But from last two days, its again back to normal, and I'm pretty happy for that. I'm again getting 1-2 days depending on my usage. But one thing that still didn't change ever since the update is, my phone is taking more time to charge! Before the update, my phone hardly took an hour (usually 45 mins) to charge completely. Now its taking upto around one and a half hours from 10% battery to charge completely. Given there ain't any change in my charger/adapter/battery, is this normal? How's your phone doing? Or is it just me?

Thanks in advance! :smile:

kristalsoldier

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
I also have a Lumia 720 and was experiencing bad battery life. I then hard reset the phone and the battery is back to normal - or so it appears. In fact, it appears to have improved. As for charging times, my experience on 8.1 has been that it is the same as before - that is to say, it is relatively quick.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
After upgrading to 8.1 dev preview. You will face issues such as random battery drain , long charging interval etc . Its normal. After a few recharge cycles your battery performance will br back to normal

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss