Skype integration

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I make a call, the Skype option is "not selectable".
Furthermore, if I say "Cortana, Skype call Greg", Cortana replies "there is no voip number for Greg".

Is there something I'm supposed to do for Skype to be integrated properly and is anyone else experiencing this?

adrian1338

Jan 20, 2013
Visit site
Does Greg have Skype as a "Skype" entry in his user profile? Have no problems on my end. maybe don't say cortana at the beginning cause she doesn't care :)

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
Does Greg have Skype as a "Skype" entry in his user profile? Have no problems on my end. maybe don't say cortana at the beginning cause she doesn't care :)

I aactually don't say Cortana at the beginning and I don't understand what you mean as Skype as Skype entry? Can you please elaborate on that. Thanks

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I believe he means: Do you have Greg's Skype name appearing in Greg's contact entry. Before I connected the Skype contact (let's say "prettykitty") to a person's contact ("Woman"), Cortana wouldn't understand me making a Skype call to Woman, because she only knows her as prettykitty in Skype.

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I believe he means: Do you have Greg's Skype name appearing in Greg's contact entry. Before I connected the Skype contact (let's say "prettykitty") to a person's contact ("Woman"), Cortana wouldn't understand me making a Skype call to Woman, because she only knows her as prettykitty in Skype.

Hmm. So how do I link them together? Do I have to do it manually or can Skype integrate to the people hub (Sorry if the question sounds stupid)

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
In your people hub settings just check if your skype contacts are filtered out. If not, open up the preferred contact, tap on the link icon (chain) in the app bar and link the Skype contact. I don't have Cortana (European 8X), but now she should (could?) know whom you are trying to skype with. If not, then maybe it's a different command ...

meddyrainzo

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
In your people hub settings just check if your skype contacts are filtered out. If not, open up the preferred contact, tap on the link icon (chain) in the app bar and link the Skype contact. I don't have Cortana (European 8X), but now she should (could?) know whom you are trying to skype with. If not, then maybe it's a different command ...

thanks. my Skype contacts aren't filtered out.
I just tried the link option with one of my friends and it worked.
It's gonna be a mess having to do that manually with all my contacts.
Thanks again man

EDIT: Now, I can see the Skype contacts on the people hub. Weird but most welcomed

gerzhwin

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Let's hope that with 8.1 such linkings will be saved and synchronised, as they weren't after my last hard reset a week ago :)

mikeycl

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
It's also worth noting that at the moment Cortana won't integrate fully with Skype just yet. there is an update due out soon that will change this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre