Issue with IE11

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
My most visited website online is a gun discussion board located at sigforum.com. However, whenever I try to get past the enter screen, IE tells me that I need to download a program to open the webpage and gives me the options of UC Browser and Nokia Cinemagraph, neither of which work. I had the problem temporarily on the stock AT&T Lumia 1020 software before I installed the 8.1 Preview but it went away somehow. I am wondering if anyone could help me figure this out, maybe it's something as simple as a setting I need to change. I'd appreciate any help.

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Change website preference to desktop. Check if the error popup is still displayed or not
My website preference has always been set as desktop (I should have mentioned that in my OP) but I've tried it on mobile and neither works. On the few occasions I've tried using UC Browser, it has not been able to open the page either.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
My website preference has always been set as desktop (I should have mentioned that in my OP) but I've tried it on mobile and neither works. On the few occasions I've tried using UC Browser, it has not been able to open the page either.
Yea I tried opening sigforum.com it redirects me to uc browser but uc fails to open the page..seems kinda weird xperiencing this for the first time 😒

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm not sure why this is. With WP 8.0, it would give me the error popup a few times and then it would load the site properly from then on out. With 8.1 it never successfully opens the site.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
pu9umu6a.png

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Here is the solution . In uc browser enable speed mode. Now type the url sigforum.com in the url address bar. And you are good to go 😊

Sent from my RM-941_im_india_204 using Tapatalk

spiff_p239

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
Thanks. Got it to work for me as well. I'm still curious as to why it won't work in IE11 when it opened before the 8.1 Preview was installed.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Thanks. Got it to work for me as well. I'm still curious as to why it won't work in IE11 when it opened before the 8.1 Preview was installed.
the problem is with scripts on the the website which I think its not compatible with IE. Uc has the solution where speed mode disable many contents such as scripts in a page. 😊
u can try surfy web browser it is another alternative for uc bowser

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99