facebook pictures and data just disappeared from contacts

johnnyrussoa3

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've had 8.1 since the first day of the preview, and i know that there are some changes with how facebook interacts with the os. However, my contacts always had their profile pics and facebook data still linked. EX. I have my wife pinned to my start screen and it had her picture. All of a sudden all of that infromation disappeared from my entire contact list. Now pictures won't pop up when i get phone calls etc..

How do i get that functionality back?

I appreciate your help, John

Im_Q

Nov 26, 2012
Visit site
When you view the contact card, tap the middle button in the app bar (link). Make sure Facebook is listed as a linked profile.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I had the same issue. Not logging out seemed to fix this
I mean keep urself always logged in. Don't logout, if you logout you will probably loose the link.

rowlie

Jun 3, 2013
Visit site
I sign out and sign in again and contacts appeared. Had to repin me tile. All back to normal

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, it seems that Facebook Beta no longer can connect to contacts. I've also noticed that since updating to 8.1, my picture for myself in contacts no longer uses my facebook pic but rather the pic that I had uploaded for my microsoft account a long time ago, which sucks too. Wish there was a setting to tell it to use Facebook pics rather than Twitter or something else.

thekeeblerelf

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, it seems that Facebook Beta no longer can connect to contacts. I've also noticed that since updating to 8.1, my picture for myself in contacts no longer uses my facebook pic but rather the pic that I had uploaded for my microsoft account a long time ago, which sucks too. Wish there was a setting to tell it to use Facebook pics rather than Twitter or something else.
I can't be sure about this, but it seems like the pictures for contacts syncs with whatever service synced last. I use my gmail account to sync the contacts and phone numbers that I actually care about. When gmail syncs contacts after Facebook, it seems to switch to their Google pictures.

to_be_announced

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
I can't be sure about this, but it seems like the pictures for contacts syncs with whatever service synced last. I use my gmail account to sync the contacts and phone numbers that I actually care about. When gmail syncs contacts after Facebook, it seems to switch to their Google pictures.

Not sure about that. I've synced my facebook stuff and my pic still shows my Microsoft account pic. Unfortunately, when I try to change my Microsoft account pic, it tells me "sorry, this information can't be saved right now. Please try again later." Has been that way for quite some time. So I can't change my profile pic for my Microsoft (outlook.com) account. Boooo!!!

awkwardlassies

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
go to Official app of Facebook>Side tab where you can see search bar,news feeds,groups,settings>go to Settings, it's usually at the bottom>Connect with my Phone>Sync Now

and that's it....:smile:

and dont log out...you'll lose it all again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb