I'm facing battery heating problem since I update my Nokia Lumia 520 to windows phone 8.1. Will the problem fix after the cyan update from Nokia or else ?
    04-24-2014 09:39 AM
    How long has it been going on? On both my phones, they were very warm the first couple of days after updating, but it stopped after that. I attributed it to background processes by the OS.
    04-24-2014 09:43 AM
    How long has it been going on? On both my phones, they were very warm the first couple of days after updating, but it stopped after that. I attributed it to background processes by the OS.
    It's going on from the day of update.

"I attributed it to background processes by the OS"--- Can you please explain ?
    04-24-2014 10:00 AM
    from title , i thought that you have a solution for it.
    04-24-2014 10:24 AM
    Does anyone know how to fix the battery heating problem ?
    04-24-2014 11:09 AM
    Unpinning the cortana tile help me a lot. I have cortana off and no live tile.
    04-24-2014 11:15 AM
    Does anyone know how to fix the battery heating problem ?
    There are many many things going on that can be making your phone heat up. It could be individual settings and conditions with your phone.
    1) did you upgrade or did you full-reset the phone then install 8.1?
    2) what apps are you running that could run hot in the background?
    3) are you using facebook app? Have you disconnected the facebook integration from Outlook.com Microsoft account, which can help with duplicates and other issues.
    4) Are you running GPS and Cortana all the time?
    5) How long have you had 8.1 installed on your device?

Again, your situation and conditions are endless. Tell us something you know about what is going on. It could be some 520 are heating up, or more limited to your phone/setup.

To answer your original question, Cyan will be a firmware upgrade and will do tons to smooth out most of the hiccups and headaches people experience with 8.1.
    04-24-2014 11:21 AM
    There are many many things going on that can be making your phone heat up. It could be individual settings and conditions with your phone.
    1) did you upgrade or did you full-reset the phone then install 8.1?
    2) what apps are you running that could run hot in the background?
    3) are you using facebook app? Have you disconnected the facebook integration from Outlook.com Microsoft account, which can help with duplicates and other issues.
    4) Are you running GPS and Cortana all the time?
    5) How long have you had 8.1 installed on your device?

Again, your situation and conditions are endless. Tell us something you know about what is going on. It could be some 520 are heating up, or more limited to your phone/setup.

To answer your original question, Cyan will be a firmware upgrade and will do tons to smooth out most of the hiccups and headaches people experience with 8.1.
    1) I upgrade my Lumia and reset the phone after update
    2) In my background the apps running after WhatsApp, Xbox music, battery saver, calendar.
    3) No. I'm not using Facebook app. I didn't disconnect Facebook integration from outlook.
    4) In running gps all time but Cortana is not available in my region.
    5) I installed 8.1 at April 14
    04-24-2014 11:40 AM