Weird USB settings

NHUK

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
https://dev.windowsphone.com/en-US/OEM/docs/Driver_Components/USB

All the info is in the link above, from what I understand, it presents a prompt when the user connects the phone to a computer asking whether to allow access to the internal storage. The 'data connection' refers to access to internal storage. It seems though from the webpage that phones updated from wp8 won't have this feature.

I have to say, that was my guess. In the olden days whenever you plugged in a phone to a computer it used to ask whether you wanted to enable data connection (or ovsuite, or whatever your software was at the time). This was so that you could just plug your phone in to your PC to charge and nowt else. I don't think its any more cleverer than that :)

vince8603

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
just updated my 1520 to WP 8.1. Under USB setting, i tick on the usb data connection but still cant surf web or chatting without wifi and my mobile data line. Then, what for use on this ???

JoaoCSM

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
just updated my 1520 to WP 8.1. Under USB setting, i tick on the usb data connection but still cant surf web or chatting without wifi and my mobile data line. Then, what for use on this ???

It's for a data connection between the phone and the computer (for sync, file management, ...)

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Got the USB listed under settings. Its not hidden but serves no purpose. Connect the 1520 to playstation 3 to hopefully transfer pics....but the ps3 didn't register it and i didn't have the option to use the phone as a storage media device. Maybe the update in August may open more possibilities

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre