So what's the word on 8.1 update availability?

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Wasn't today the day we were supposed to know something?
I know it wouldn't be reinstated today, but we were promised news.
I guess there is still time yet.....

Edit, the original statement from MS:
"The update itself is not going to be available today, or likely early next week.We will continue to work on getting you this update but it will not be as fast as you would like.I know a lot of you would like a better timeline on when it will be available, and at this time I cannot commit to a date.I will however, commit to updating you next Thursday April 24th, 2014 with any additional news.If I have any news or details before then, I will of course update you at that time."

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I guess I just needed to look at not WPCentral. Found the answer :)
For anyone that cares:

"Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for waiting patiently over the last week, and continuing to stick with us as we work on getting you the Windows Phone 8.1 Preview. We believe we have identified the fix and will be going through some of our normal testing to confirm. With that being said, I don’t have an update yet on when we will roll this fix out to you.

I plan to provide more information on Thursday May 1st. In the meantime, please continue to hold on and thank you again for your willingness to participate in our Developer Preview Program.

Thank you,

Eli A.
"

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
FYI

This is referring to the availability of the Windows Phone 8.1 Developer Preview for the Huawei Ascend W1 which has been temporarily halted due to technical issues.

Don't confuse this with news of general availability of final Windows Phone 8.1

Ordeith

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
This applies to any phone that got an error on the first preparatory update to WP8 prior to installing WP8.1. One of those handsets was the ascend W1, but it wasn't the only one.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss