11-23-2015 10:40 PM
57 123
tools
    They could have at least put it in alphabetical order. It is a pain to find anything in that horribly arranged menu.

Sent from my HP ENVY 17 Leap Motion SE NB PC using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Dexter505; 04-24-2014 at 08:31 PM.
    04-24-2014 08:11 PM
    Yeah I agreed. I've gotten use to it. I learned where things are nut it is not completely intuitive.
    snowmutt likes this.
    04-24-2014 08:22 PM
    I agree as well. They need to alphabetically place the settings in the settings hub. I say we do a uservoice topic on this!
    04-24-2014 08:24 PM
    Well what if they stuck with the unorganized garbage and just let the list rearrange itself based on what people used the most. After a few weeks you'd have everything exactly where you would expect it based on usage. I think that would be better than making it alphabetical. Wi-fi at the bottom and about at the top would be kind of silly haha
    snowmutt, L Beezy, samy_a and 7 others like this.
    04-24-2014 08:28 PM
    I THINK they were shooting for "most used on top" kinda thing. But, user preference kicks that to the curb.

I mean, they proved they know the alphabet in the app menu and music/podcast lists, why did they stop at the settings menu?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    04-24-2014 08:30 PM
    Well what if they stuck with the unorganized garbage and just let the list rearrange itself based on what people used the most. After a few weeks you'd have everything exactly where you would expect it based on usage. I think that would be better than making it alphabetical. Wi-fi at the bottom and about at the top would be kind of silly haha
    Now you are just talking crazy.....

Crazy generous!!! That would be amazing!!!
    sd173 likes this.
    04-24-2014 08:31 PM
    Yesssss it bugs me to end how their attention to detail completely stopped at one of the most used features.
    04-24-2014 08:32 PM
    You get used to it.

I think display, touch, and auto-rotation should all be in the same place though.
    stickyshocker likes this.
    04-24-2014 08:35 PM
    I've been using Windows Phone from the beginning. You never get used to it. Makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. Even if their intent was to group "like" items together, i.e., wif, airplane mode, bluetooth and cellular, with no separators, it just blends together as a bunch of crap. If you know how to spell, you should always be able to find what you're looking for, irrespective of items being similar.
    04-26-2014 11:13 PM
    I agree 100%, it is an unorganized mess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    04-26-2014 11:29 PM
    Lol. That is true. I'm rarely in there, but when I am there its a cluster ****.
    04-26-2014 11:43 PM
    Using alphabetical order would be asinine. The most used settings should be first on the list.
    04-26-2014 11:46 PM
    Using alphabetical order would be asinine. The most used settings should be first on the list.
    Honestly anything would be better than what they have implemented now.
    04-27-2014 12:39 AM
    Another problem is that the settings rearrage themselves whenever you download a nokia system app update. Like after installing a glance update, it'll go to the bottom of the settings list. Soo annoying! Seriously though, i hope they fix settings in 8.1.1 or whatever the next update is
    04-27-2014 01:55 AM
    it is sort by updated date, which is worse, i think they should sort on category
    04-27-2014 02:13 AM
    they could have at least put it in alphabetical order.
    yaaaaaaasssss!!!!!!!
    04-27-2014 02:14 AM
    I like this idea.

To the very least, they should add a search option to the settings, like in the settings of the Chrome browser (don't shoot me ).
    04-27-2014 02:21 AM
    Honestly anything would be better than what they have implemented now.
    I don't see it as a problem, unless you spend all day mess around with settings.
    04-27-2014 02:30 AM
    I like this idea.

To the very least, they should add a search option to the settings, like in the settings of the Chrome browser (don't shoot me ).

You can do a search with contana.
    04-27-2014 02:31 AM
    You can do a search with contana.
    Will do when they deploy Cortana to my region (I know I can change the region, but it's not worth it for now).
    Actually, searching in Bing also gives you settings in some cases, but a dedicated search button on the settings page would be nice.

In general, I agree with you that the messy settings page is not a big problem. But the nice UI is one of WP's selling points, and I think it is weird that they didn't find some elegant way to format the settings page. It looks so MS DOS.
    04-27-2014 02:46 AM
    it is sort by updated date, which is worse, i think they should sort on category
    Only the Nokia apps near the bottom are sorted by update date.
    04-27-2014 02:52 AM
    Only the Nokia apps near the bottom are sorted by update date.
    Yeah - that's pretty weird and annoying - makes you forget the order. However, I find the Android settings menu horrible as well. Phone updates under info? What they could do is make a control panel-like menu with headings, like display, connectivity etc. I do like the fact there are no sub sub sub settings menu's.
    04-27-2014 04:20 AM
    A simple semantic zoom organizing them with idk icons or just alphabets would be highly desirable I guess. Why are we still not seeing semantic zooming anywhere in WP (except in Rudy Huyn's Apps)
    04-27-2014 04:40 AM
    I have used to that mess but it's indeed really clustered and sometimes I have problems finding that specific setting. They should do something about it.
    04-27-2014 04:54 AM
    A simple semantic zoom organizing them with idk icons or just alphabets would be highly desirable I guess. Why are we still not seeing semantic zooming anywhere in WP (except in Rudy Huyn's Apps)
    Might be because of the small percentage of Windows Phone users who have WP 8.1 would make use of the semantic zoom. That's why I'm holding off updating my apps to 8.1 until public release.
    04-27-2014 05:00 AM
57 123