App similar to Storage Sense?

genosox

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
So I need to hard restart my phone. I want to move my game apps over to my SD card so I won't lose my game saves. But since storage sense won't even launch on my phone, I was wondering if anyone found any apps that would do the same thing as storage sense.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
There's no app like storage sense :/ but before 8.1 i used "free space" or was it free storage? Lol just check the store :) The only thing I dislike was that the app did not have a live tile, but you can pin it to start screen and open it so that it can refresh the information :) also the app does not sense how much free space you have, in the beginning, automatically, but once you have entered this once manually it does a great job of keeping track how much space is left :) give it a shot

foxbat121

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
3rd party apps don't have that kind of access permissions. Only OEM and Microsoft can create apps that can access such data. Regardless, even if you can move apps to SD card using Storage Sense, it won't help you because apps on SD cards are encrypted and once you hard reset, you lost your current encryption key and a new key is generated. Those apps will no longer be useful to your phone and will be prompted to delete next time you open your phone.

genosox

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
So is their any possible way to save my game data?

3rd party apps don't have that kind of access permissions. Only OEM and Microsoft can create apps that can access such data. Regardless, even if you can move apps to SD card using Storage Sense, it won't help you because apps on SD cards are encrypted and once you hard reset, you lost your current encryption key and a new key is generated. Those apps will no longer be useful to your phone and will be prompted to delete next time you open your phone.

Saurabh Vaidya

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
my storage sense app does opens but it stuck at updating.....
but if i remove my 64 gig MSD card the phone storage updates quickly and shows everything, but when i insert my mSD card again.. it again stucks showing updating forever... not only phone storage but also SD card shows same....
and can you tell me hw to delete that other storage data in my sd card... without formatting it... it took my 16 gb space without reason :(

Saurabh Vaidya

Jun 22, 2014
Visit site
Actually the isuue is... If your sd card is of large capacity like 16\32\64 gig.. It takes ages to load showing updating... But of you remove sd card, and check your phone's storage it gets updated quickly...

If you don't have much data in your sd card it probably will do the job. But if you have all apps and music on your sd card.. it wont update.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786