Windows Store Error code 80073cf0 while downloading certain apps and games

satrus08

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
I have been receiving error code 80073cf0 whenever I try to install certain apps or games. Examples of apps which induce this error include Aerize Explorer, Calendar, Podcasts, Time Me, and a few games which I forgot. Every time I retry the download the error still occurs. I also tried deleting temporary memory, cancelling download and trying again. Tried installing to SD card, also tried phone memory, none of which worked. I did a hard reset of my phone but the problem still exists. By the way, running WP 8.1 Preview and my phone is a Lumia 520. Only started occuring after updating to 8.1. Anybody have any idea what this is about, or possible solutions so that I can actually download the apps? Any help would be much appreciated :). Let me know if you need me to post any screenshots or something.

EDIT: also getting error code 80070018 when I try to install Rabbids Big Bang. Just noticed now

Last edited:

satrus08

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply again :). I tried that before I tried the hard reset multiple times. No success. Anyone else have any ideas?

Last edited:

thomasdtran

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue with downloading the Facebook app. I am running Windows Phone 8.1 on my Lumia 822. I did a hard reset and have been unable to install since day one. When I updated the phone my Facebook app got an update but I had to do a hard reset to have apps work properly via SD card.

Jintz

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with about every app, although the error code sometimes varies it's generally one of the following:
82ad0002
82ad0003
"We're having trouble installing this app, if this is the first time you've seen this message, go ahead and try again. If the app still won't install, go to your Phone Update settings and make sure your phone software is up to date."

Yes the phone is up to date.

It's an HTC8XT with a 64GB SD card in it.

It has the same issue whether I choose to install apps on the SD or phone memory.

The preview for developers application does install fine and is moved to the SD card.

satrus08

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Cool maybe others and myself with the same problem should try that then. Thanks for the heads up. Others post results when possible please.

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
I have error 4004804e... I am getting this error from last 3-4 days... I Tried it on cellular data, on wifi and even through sd, but can't download any app from store, however i can search the store without any problem.... Done many soft resets but that didn't help me... Can any body help me on this issue....
ava6e7ub.png

I am on win 8....

satrus08

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Alright guys update from my side:

All the apps that weren't downloading before have now been downloaded. Difference is that I downloaded it on a different WiFi network, not my campus wifi. I'm guessing its because my campus Wi-Fi blocks everything, but that doesn't make sense because other apps download. They are all from the same server right?

Anyway others try it out see if you can download your apps on a different WiFi network

chillpenguin

Apr 2, 2013
Visit site
All the apps that weren't downloading before have now been downloaded. Difference is that I downloaded it on a different WiFi network, not my campus wifi.

Thank you much. I just ran into this problem trying to download an update to Reading List, so I switched over to mobile data from my work wifi and the problem is resolved.

iela fadzilah

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
hello! i'm newbie. I have been receiving error code 80073cf0 whenever I try to re-install We Chat. Every time I retry the download the error still occurs. Could anyone help me out.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
check your wifi settings and if you have access to another wifi network try downloading on the other wifi network

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans