07-05-2016 08:53 PM
30 12
tools
    I tried a search, how in THE Hell do you sign out of OneDrive?!? There is no "sign out" option anymore (8.1). I tried logging in through IE, and in the browser, I can see the account I want to use...I can't even uninstall the app now!

Any ideas?
    ilektrolo likes this.
    04-25-2014 02:19 AM
    You can not sign out of Microsoft services. They are linked with your Microsoft id. Its a one time sign in for apps (similar to what we have in windows 8.1 )
    04-25-2014 02:29 AM
    It seems you're right.. But is there any particular reason you would want to sign out of onedrive?
    04-25-2014 02:29 AM
    ^^ use different Microsoft id ?
    ven07 and ilektrolo like this.
    04-25-2014 02:34 AM
    Want to re-open this thread.

This is a very serious problem.

My personal live account has my Xbox Live profile, my Xbox Music, all my rented movies etc and my OneDrive.

However my company has just moved to Office 365 so I have my work account set up on my phone too, however, from the OneDrive app, I cannot see my "Company" OneDrive.

If I open the Office Hub, I can see my "Company" OneDrive and amend documents in there, but I can't put new documents there.

HUGE flaw in the whole idea here. . .
    ilektrolo likes this.
    04-25-2014 04:22 AM
    Onedrive is now built in and not uninstallable. It is linked to your MS account (on the phone) by design. No getting around that
    04-25-2014 04:28 AM

My personal live account has my Xbox Live profile, my Xbox Music, all my rented movies etc and my OneDrive.

However my company has just moved to Office 365 so I have my work account set up on my phone too, however, from the OneDrive app, I cannot see my "Company" OneDrive.

If I open the Office Hub, I can see my "Company" OneDrive and amend documents in there, but I can't put new documents there.

Exactly...my bride's Icon is linked to her account, but when we installed SkyDrive, we linked it (SkyDrive, just SkyDrive) to the family account. Now she needs to start using it for work, and there does not seem to be a way to associate the app OneDrive with HER live.com ID. I have signed in and out of the browser, and can see her files there, but not in the app.
    04-25-2014 11:02 AM
    I would feel extremely uncomfortable with OneDrive open without signing out. If I misplace or lose the phone, all the critical information on OneDrive is exposed. I always sign out OneDrive as a habit. I could do that before WP8.1.
    ilektrolo likes this.
    04-25-2014 03:33 PM

Share your documents folders (your company OneDrive) with your personal Onedrive, and you can see/access that information.

Or use OneDrive for business.
    04-25-2014 04:36 PM
    I would feel extremely uncomfortable with OneDrive open without signing out. If I misplace or lose the phone, all the critical information on OneDrive is exposed. I always sign out OneDrive as a habit. I could do that before WP8.1.
    How about locking your phone?
    HyperChrisX likes this.
    04-25-2014 04:41 PM
    So, if I hard reset the phone, maybe then?!? that's what it's come to?
    04-25-2014 05:58 PM
    So, if I hard reset the phone, maybe then?!? that's what it's come to?
    Just like Xbox Music and Xbox Video are linked to your Microsoft account, so is OneDrive. You simply can't do anything about it, even by hard resetting. It will always be linked to the dominant MS account on the phone. It is no longer an app per se, it's now built in
    04-26-2014 12:47 AM
    Just like Xbox Music and Xbox Video are linked to your Microsoft account, so is OneDrive. You simply can't do anything about it, even by hard resetting. It will always be linked to the dominant MS account on the phone. It is no longer an app per se, it's now built in
    Right, but if I make the default account HER account, it will associate with her OneDrive, yes?
    04-26-2014 01:41 AM
    Right, but if I make the default account HER account, it will associate with her OneDrive, yes?
    you wouldn't want to do that. That would mean that instead of your contacts, you'd see her contacts in the people hub, her text messages would sync to your phone, and a hell lot of problems.
    I have a better idea, use some other app for onedrive, or use it via browser.
    Rudy huyn is making a cloudsix for onedrive app, you'll enjoy it when it comes, till then use some other app for onedrive.
    P.s. Cloudsix supports password protection for the app, so the guy fearing data falling into wrong hands should also be happy.
    Have a nice day ! :)
    04-26-2014 01:47 AM
    Since I had some photos that I didn't want whoever I give my phone to see, I am now forced to remove them from OneDrive.
    I think there must be some way of locking it rather that just leaving it accessible that easily
    04-26-2014 01:55 AM
    Since I had some photos that I didn't want whoever I give my phone to see, I am now forced to remove them from OneDrive.
    I think there must be some way of locking it rather that just leaving it accessible that easily
    you have a way ! Boxcryptor ! It can encrypt files on cloud storages like onedrive.
    The other way is to use dropbox for now, and use rudy's cloudsix app for it. It allows you to put a pin for the app, so that you cant view the files unless you enter the pin.
    You always have options
    04-26-2014 03:29 AM
    Just don't give them your phone then. It always showed OneDrive photos in the Photos hub/app since 8.0 AFAIK. Maybe even before then
    04-26-2014 03:40 AM
    If you don't want some pictures on Onedrive to shown on Pictures hub don't save it on the pictures folder on Onedrve.

Open OneDrive on Internet Explorer, create a new folder, open the properties (it is on the right) and change the folder type from pictures to documents, and save the pictures that you don't want to show here.

Sent from my RM-820_lta_lta1_272 using Tapatalk
    04-26-2014 10:37 AM
    you wouldn't want to do that. That would mean that instead of your contacts, you'd see her contacts in the people hub, her text messages would sync to your phone, and a hell lot of problems.
    I have a better idea, use some other app for onedrive, or use it via browser.
    Rudy huyn is making a cloudsix for onedrive app, you'll enjoy it when it comes, till then use some other app for onedrive.
    P.s. Cloudsix supports password protection for the app, so the guy fearing data falling into wrong hands should also be happy.
    Have a nice day ! :)
    Sorry, I haven't explained this very well...It's her phone, with her account. I just used my OneDrive when we set it up, she didn't use hers, and we wanted to share pictures...

Now, she is going to start using hers for work, and wants to access her own OneDrive account.
    04-27-2014 10:23 PM
    Sorry, I haven't explained this very well...It's her phone, with her account. I just used my OneDrive when we set it up, she didn't use hers, and we wanted to share pictures...

Now, she is going to start using hers for work, and wants to access her own OneDrive account.
    simple then, you install cloudsix on your phone, turn on auto camera roll sync, and tell her to install it too and then you can share pics via dropbox :)
    Or otherwise, keep using onedrive but tell her to use a third party alternative to onedrive app.

Or wait, do you mean that you had signed in to your account in the onedrive app on her phone, and it cant sign out now from your account ?
    04-27-2014 10:47 PM
    Or wait, do you mean that you had signed in to your account in the onedrive app on her phone, and it cant sign out now from your account ?

Exactly...
    04-28-2014 10:35 AM

Exactly...
    a reinstall of the app should fix it ! :)
    If not (which is highly unlikely), then i can only suggest switching to a third party app..
    But i dont see any reason for the app to remember your id once you reinstall it,
    04-28-2014 11:05 AM
    I don't know if you know it but Microsoft is making a "new" ecosystem, Xbox One, Windows 8.x and Windows Phone 8.x, all woring togeter. All of them have a connection, Azure/the cloud, all of them needs the cloud to work.

In WP8.1 OneDrive is not only a service, OneDrive is a system service, it is the service where system backup is stored (your phone backup), where apps will save their data, that's why you can't sign out from the OneDrive app.

You can try with a third party app, that's the solution.
    04-28-2014 12:06 PM
    I don't know if you know it but Microsoft is making a "new" ecosystem, Xbox One, Windows 8.x and Windows Phone 8.x, all woring togeter. All of them have a connection, Azure/the cloud, all of them needs the cloud to work.

In WP8.1 OneDrive is not only a service, OneDrive is a system service, it is the service where system backup is stored (your phone backup), where apps will save their data, that's why you can't sign out from the OneDrive app.

You can try with a third party app, that's the solution.
    i know that obviously!
    logically, it should use the master live id, not an id he signed in with a long time ago... Still, i haven't tested it out so cant say. If a reinstall doesn't work, then yes, third party is the only way.
    04-28-2014 12:53 PM
    I have solved the mandatory nature of OneDrive by disabling it in the registry and deleting all my OneDrive files. I want a cloud storage solution which I am in charge of. I liked SkyDrive back when it was a downloadable desktop app but I don't want it crammed down my throat. I am using Google Drive and Dropbox so I can be in control. If I lose my phone the finder can open OneDrive and find nada. Anyway, I don't want all of my files on my phone. It makes me nervous.
    10-14-2014 07:16 PM
30 12