WP8.1 Music app not loading after green screen

anon(7817172)

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys, had anyone experienced this? I open the Music app, the green screen with the white headset loads, and after that is a blank black screen.

It's annoying how the new app keeps on updating the metadata with sometimes from random artists, but now I can't use the app itself. Currently using Nokia Mix Radio app to play my locally stored songs.

Does anyone have a fix or experienced this? Hard reset is my very last option as I don't want to lose all my game save files.

Tab Numlock

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The Transparency Tiles "Music" tile does this. Music on SD card? Do a FULL reformat and copy music back. Won't cure Transparency Tiles but makes my phones much, much faster opening Music and Store.

anon(7817172)

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
Managed to make it work. Just let it run (5-10 mins) and then it loaded the UI. Deleted all my songs on phone, and then closed the app to save changes. Once opening the app again, all is working fine. Copied back my 700+ songs to the phone, and didn't experience that black screen so far.

anon(7817172)

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
The Transparency Tiles "Music" tile does this. Music on SD card? Do a FULL reformat and copy music back. Won't cure Transparency Tiles but makes my phones much, much faster opening Music and Store.

Thankfully it worked for me before I was forced to reformat. I wasn't having any problems with the Music transparent tile though. I have been using it since I heard of it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa