I know that you can separately tap on app sounds / media and notifications to mute them, but I really miss the one touch mute button from WP 8.0. It gets pretty frustrating to me to have to use so many taps to mute my phone, that I wish they would take a step back to what 8.0 did and readd the bell. Ideally, it would be a button to mute EVERYTHING, not just one or the other. Then, I also think they need to add a "Mute All" next to the Vibrate toggle on the more detailed volume controls.

volume.jpg

Anyone else think this would be a good idea? Or is it just me? I know we're never going back to the dedicated hardware switch that Palm phones had for this sort of thing, but I really think the software toggle just needs to be simpler.
    04-25-2014 06:18 PM
    The only work around is to tell Cortana to "turn quite hours in" which is alright if you like talking to a phone
    04-25-2014 06:26 PM
    They took it out of the developer's preview for some reason. It's in the SDK:

8.1-volume-sdk.png
    04-25-2014 09:42 PM
    I also think they need to add a "Mute All" next to the Vibrate toggle on the more detailed volume controls.
    Only if it actually SILENCES the phone (IE...no sound comes from the speaker, under any circumstance).
    I was really hoping that Quiet Hours would work this way (and be able to schedule any number of instances), yet sounds still are heard.
    JJ
    06-15-2014 06:34 PM
    I miss it as well, Ive had quite a few occassions where music or sounds are playing from apps running, but I cant see the apps when I hold the back button, and they dont show up on the sound settings.
    So my solution is to remember which app I had opened before, and re-open to find where the paus or stop button is for each thing. I.e. today I had a video playing in Internet explorer, I switched to another app, closed down Internet Explorer, and it still kept playing the audio from the video, couldnt stop it, but had to re-open internet explorer and manually pause the video....annoying, a single mute button would at least solve it temporarily.
    06-18-2014 05:27 AM