Music app problem and solution

solidsnakejv

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I listen to music everyday and the shuffle feature was pissing off because it would only shuffle songs that started with the same first letter. For example: If I played a song the started with R, the next song would start with R or S or T, then it would just shuffle songs that start with one of those letters.
I figured out that if you use Cortana and ask her " shuffle my music" the songs will start playing and the shuffle feature works perfectly. You can then reopen the music app and the app will effectively keep the shuffle feature the correct way.
Did anyone else have this issue?

seabasstheSwordsman

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure if I'm having the same exact problem, but I do notice that the first song that always comes up when I shuffle my list is always the first song in alphabetical order.

Out of curiosity, I tried out the "Shuffle my music" with Cortana and it's just searching for "Shuffle my music".

seabasstheSwordsman

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Ok... there was an update, but after installing it and then restarting the phone, after trying it about 6 times, I think 4 out of the 6 times, it'll search for "shuffle my music" and the other two times, it opens up the music app and proceeds to do nothing.

solidsnakejv

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Do you have music stored on the device? When I ask it to shuffle my music, it either said queuing up music or shuffling your music. The app doesn't open up, but playback controls do pop up with the song info. I then open the up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss