WP 8.1 Store problem and Xbox Music Update Missing!

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Hey WPGeeks
i m facing a issue of store after updating to windows phone 8.1 preview for developers.
ISSUE:i like to update apps asap(we all do) and as i use my wifi for downloading and other stuff i turned on the "Update apps automatically" in store settings but apps are not getting updates automatically i had to tap the "Check for Updates" option to get the updates which is so frustrating!:evil:
Also For E.g There is an update for OneShot "4.0.1.0" and i have "4.0.0.0". Even if i tap "Check for updates" option it just didn't update!:straight:
Microsoft should fix this issue of Store!

Also Today Xbox Music App Updated(hurraY!)
But sadly because my region is INDIA i didn't get the update.(P.S - Coz Cortana is missing),Waiting for the update eagerly!:sweaty::unhappy:

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Many of us are facing this issue the fix will arrive with the official firmware update by nokia so waiting is the only option. Although you are from India you can enjoy Cortana too. Set region and language to English us. Check phone update and download the language. You will be promoted a restart. Now you will be able to use Cortana provided keep your location on

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Many of us are facing this issue the fix will arrive with the official firmware update by nokia so waiting is the only option. Although you are from India you can enjoy Cortana too. Set region and language to English us. Check phone update and download the language. You will be promoted a restart. Now you will be able to use Cortana provided keep your location on

Yeah Done That!
I had changed the region to US because i wanted the awesomely personal voice assistant Cortana but after few days my battery charts(in Battery app) were showing too much draining in almost 7 to 8 hours! Then i decided to change the region to India again and then battery charts were showing 9 to 10 hours battery life remaining!
I guess nokia will try to make cortana and other app issue fix in 'Lumia Cyan Update'.

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Yeah Done That!
I had changed the region to US because i wanted the awesomely personal voice assistant Cortana but after few days my battery charts(in Battery app) were showing too much draining in almost 7 to 8 hours! Then i decided to change the region to India again and then battery charts were showing 9 to 10 hours battery life remaining!
I guess nokia will try to make cortana and other app issue fix in 'Lumia Cyan Update'.
Its normal you will see a random battery drain for a few days. It will automatically get stable after one or two weeks. Besides you can disable Cortana background tasks are other apps background tasks from battery saver.

wpfan1995

Apr 19, 2014
Visit site
Oh yeah i didn't try to disable the Cortana<3 from battery saver app
Well then i am changing region US lets see the battery charts for one or two weeks!
I m confused that if i change region frequently i might get into some trouble or issue ?

aniket0303

Banned
Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Well then i am changing region US lets see the battery charts for one or two weeks!
I m confused that if i change region frequently i might get into some trouble or issue ?

If you set your region to US you'll get access to many new apps so i don't think you'll change the region after seeing new apps list 😉

Sent from my Lumia 620(wp8.1)RM-846_im_india_233 using Tapatalk

Kaushik Banerjee

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
Don't worry bro you wont get into any sorry of trouble. And I bet your battery will work just done in two weeks time. And as aniket said you can get access to many new apps which indian users don't get so just go for Us. But don't change dayre and time, keep it your default time zone and you wont face any problems.😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs