Video app not working!!!

Jed Alcantara

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
All my other apps are working fine since upgrading my phone to 8.1. Unfortunately, the only app not working is the xbox video app! can somebody help me pls? i cant find articles with the same problem

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
me to have the same problem video app not working closes immediately after open....
I tried hard rest and it worked fine a day or two and the same problem when I open it, app getting closed immediately :(
don't want to go for another HARD REST

please somebody help

Eli_A

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
This is Eli with Windows Phone Support. We are looking into this issue further, and would like to collect some logs from your device. When you have time, please head over to our chat support team and advise them that you are seeing this specific issue and were asked to provide logs. Our agents will then walk you through our log collection process, and advise you which logs we need to collect.

Chat Support: https://gethelp.live.com/Pages/MSO.aspx?Product=WP8&Topic=EAP&Locale=en-us

The agents there will walk you through the process from there.

Thank you,
Eli A.
Windows Phone Support

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Hello Everyone,
This is Eli with Windows Phone Support. We are looking into this issue further, and would like to collect some logs from your device. When you have time, please head over to our chat support team and advise them that you are seeing this specific issue and were asked to provide logs. Our agents will then walk you through our log collection process, and advise you which logs we need to collect.

Chat Support: https://gethelp.live.com/Pages/MSO.aspx?Product=WP8&Topic=EAP&Locale=en-us

The agents there will walk you through the process from there.

Thank you,
Eli A.
Windows Phone Support

well do they have the time........thousends costumers underway hahaha

Karthik Sampath

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm also facing the same problem on video app. we want to wait for the official OTA update.

My question is in USA some services release official WP 8.1, they also have the same problem in Video app???

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
Since I don't own a Xbox Videos.. I only want local videos to show up, any workarounds??

I use for local video's the yX player
Its a sideloadapp found on windowsphonehub so you must have a unlocked phone

Create a folder on your SD cart
Name it ( whateveryouwant )
Put your movies in that folder and rename the extenions to .rm instead of .mp4 or whatever.
The player cant acces the standart folders like video.

anon5997296

May 16, 2013
Visit site
I use for local video's the yX player
Its a sideloadapp found on windowsphonehub so you must have a unlocked phone

Create a folder on your SD cart
Name it ( whateveryouwant )
Put your movies in that folder and rename the extenions to .rm instead of .mp4 or whatever.
The player cant acces the standart folders like video.

Unlocked, it is, my 920..

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
This might help users with wp 8.1 video app problem.. I had the same problem.. But I found my own workaround
Connect your mobile/cell phone to your computer..
Use the windows explorer and access your windows phone and copy paste your videos to the picture folder and will be able to play videos from photo hub.. It works

SSgt Bruskowiz

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
This might help users with wp 8.1 video app problem.. I had the same problem.. But I found my own workaround
Connect your mobile/cell phone to your computer..
Use the windows explorer and access your windows phone and copy paste your videos to the picture folder and will be able to play videos from photo hub.. It works

Before i overload you with gratitude and many thanks and gruble at your feet i wil give it a try first ;-)

..... And....
It works :)

Last edited:

pvcleave

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
My video App is not working either, I have pinned the video folder from Aerize Explorer and just select video that way. They play fine and it is actually better than when the video app is working, because I do not need to wade through all the other stuff to find my videos.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers