Windows Phone 8.1.1 Changelog posted in reddit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
As per the reddit user, the update is expected to arrive in summer sometime by July. But, as the rule goes for rumours and leaks, nothing can be believed unless it is from an official source.////

Really? still don't know about Official WP8.1 release date :)

Saksham Sharma

Feb 18, 2014
Visit site
As per the reddit user, the update is expected to arrive in summer sometime by July. But, as the rule goes for rumours and leaks, nothing can be believed unless it is from an official source.////

Really? still don't know about Official WP8.1 release date :)

still. If this is going to be half true even, i cant wait for it ! (even though i haven't even installed the dev preview yet)
This is gonna be stunning !
P.s. What i presume, interactive tiles mean which allow a swipe gesture to clear the live tile number, its too early for widget like tiles. Anyway, i dont want widgets, so interactive tiles as the perfect thing one can have.

Lu520

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Music controls in Action Center//
So they are removing Music Controls from Volume Controls. Right?

Music volume controls to be centred//
Showing Volume related bars in Middle of the screen like in Android. Right?

Divjot Singh

Jan 16, 2013
Visit site
Instagram application to have DIRECT MESSAGING and better video uploading capabilities and camera fixes UI for camera to be tweaked with enhanced features from Nokia Camera application

Better? It still lacks it. This might reflect that it is fake, or Instagram update is very near.

Dragone

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Music controls in Action Center//
So they are removing Music Controls from Volume Controls. Right?

Music volume controls to be centred//
Showing Volume related bars in Middle of the screen like in Android. Right?

That's not what I was thinking of while reading the feature list. So I guess not.

Chris_Germany

Banned
Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
ROFL, that's complete bull****! In July??? 8.1 comes in July! Ot even later...
And so MANY HUGE changes? No way, they couldn't even put all the changes from the wp8.1 chengelog into wp8.1 !! Interactive live tiles...sure. That's what you guys are dreaming about. I am convinced this is crap, bit lets hope that maybe 20% of that will come sometime in autumn....

Jaskys

Banned
Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Are you guys really that dumb to believe some no name user? Which doesn't even provide source?
Jesus... Stupidity level way too high on these forums recently

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
Nothing in that list sounds official. Almost all list is either NOT related to core OS functionality or is just Android-ifying. Also, it won't be named WP8.1.1. The next 3 updates are obviously GDR1, 2 and 3. After that, Threshold is expect, which will be WP8.2/8.5/9.0.

◾Lock screen applications will be built inside core system -> NO, there are APIs in WP8.1, but there won't be nothing built in.
◾Music controls in Action Center -> Does not make sense IMO.
◾Application Games to be deleted and replaced with Xbox One application -> Does not make sense.
◾Messages in bubbles and chat heads similar to Facebook messenger -> Lol, no. WP design is square.
◾Internet Explorer applications -> What? :))
◾Tiles to update as frequently as 30 seconds if feature is turned on by user or developer -> Bullcr*p. WP8.1 already allows this. See Clock Hub.
◾Music volume controls to be centred -> This is NOT Android.
◾Photos will have description such as name, place and time -> This won't happen. It would bring too much clutter to the interface.

Not core OS functionality:
◾Name to be decided YouTube application to be built completely with html 5 coding as requested by Google
◾Instagram application to have DIRECT MESSAGING and better video uploading capabilities and camera fixes UI for camera to be tweaked with enhanced features from Nokia Camera application
◾KIK Messenger to be finished in late June, overhauled design and html 5 support Skype with completely new design
◾Facebook messenger to have improved notifications, polished design and new set of fonts along with video chat, calling and improved emoji store
◾Facebook application from official company
◾Email/Outlook application to follow same design as computer base
◾Store with wallpapers from featured applications -> There were applications with "wallpapers" since WP7 launched.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
I would say false. BUT Tom Warren tweeted that a new update is coming out in June/July(GDR1) and Daniel Rubino said to expect something for GDR1 so....I reserve judgement

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Nothing in that list sounds official. Almost all list is either NOT related to core OS functionality or is just Android-ifying. Also, it won't be named WP8.1.1. The next 3 updates are obviously GDR1, 2 and 3. After that, Threshold is expect, which will be WP8.2/8.5/9.0.

◾Lock screen applications will be built inside core system -> NO, there are APIs in WP8.1, but there won't be nothing built in.
◾Music controls in Action Center -> Does not make sense IMO.
◾Application Games to be deleted and replaced with Xbox One application -> Does not make sense.
◾Messages in bubbles and chat heads similar to Facebook messenger -> Lol, no. WP design is square.
◾Internet Explorer applications -> What? :))
◾Tiles to update as frequently as 30 seconds if feature is turned on by user or developer -> Bullcr*p. WP8.1 already allows this. See Clock Hub.
◾Music volume controls to be centred -> This is NOT Android.
◾Photos will have description such as name, place and time -> This won't happen. It would bring too much clutter to the interface.

Not core OS functionality:
◾Name to be decided YouTube application to be built completely with html 5 coding as requested by Google
◾Instagram application to have DIRECT MESSAGING and better video uploading capabilities and camera fixes UI for camera to be tweaked with enhanced features from Nokia Camera application
◾KIK Messenger to be finished in late June, overhauled design and html 5 support Skype with completely new design
◾Facebook messenger to have improved notifications, polished design and new set of fonts along with video chat, calling and improved emoji store
◾Facebook application from official company
◾Email/Outlook application to follow same design as computer base
◾Store with wallpapers from featured applications -> There were applications with "wallpapers" since WP7 launched.
GDR1 Can be named Windows Phone 8.1.1 you know....
P.s, for your last point, Store wallpapers were removed in 8.1.
Anything that boils down to "this is not android" ,is clearly not a criticism. That's never stopped MS or Apple before

unknow91

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
Actually WP 8.1 GDR1 WILL be released in July, according to Tom Warren. The "fake" part of this changelog is the "Interactive LiveTiles" because it was a project from Microsoft Research and I don't think that we'll see it that soon, maybe for Windows (Phone) 9. The rest it might be true.

ROFL, that's complete bull****! In July??? 8.1 comes in July! Ot even later...
And so MANY HUGE changes? No way, they couldn't even put all the changes from the wp8.1 chengelog into wp8.1 !! Interactive live tiles...sure. That's what you guys are dreaming about. I am convinced this is crap, bit lets hope that maybe 20% of that will come sometime in autumn....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720