I made a quick video of my experience with the new updated Xbox Music app from yesterday. It's a low rez video using an old webcam but I wanted to give you all a general idea of how the updated app works with your local music on a sdcard. It is much better but there is still a little lag and the interface still needs some work imho. BTW- this is on a Lumia 822 with a Sandisk Ultra Class 10 sdcard. I also formatted the card and hard reset the phone before installing 8.1 preview and then loaded up my music on the sdcard. Also, the comments I made about the new windows phones not having sdcards is pertaining to Verizon (which is my carrier)- the Samsung is the only one available right now with a sdcard slot, the Icon and 928 does not have one. Like I said this is something I just did rather quick just to give a general sense of performance.

04-26-2014 10:18 AM
    I really don't care that native app does not get updated often if the standalone application is that slow. It is really bad. I understand why they are decoupling the app from the operating system but the base should be fast and load music quicker than what we have now.
    dby2011 likes this.
    04-26-2014 10:38 AM