Message tones on 8.1

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Afternoon all

I have noticed on 8.1 that my message tones were not playing in full so I have been busy looking for a solution. The problem seems to be linked with the notification banner if its turned on and when I receive a message the screen turns on with the banner then as soon as the banner fades away the tone stops, turn the banner off completely the tone goes off but the screen stays off and the tone plays in full. My sons 520 seems to be doing the same.

Is anyone else having the problem?

L Beezy

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Yep, I'm having the same problem as well. I just shortened the few long message tones I had to accommodate for this 5-secondish message tone limit with the banner. I didn't, however, know that the length was due to the banner. Good find!

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
ok just thought I would bring this up again as still having the same problem with my new 930 so its obviously an OS problem just cant understand why no one else is having the same problem, is anyone else having this issue?

Link Kadeshi

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I have this too on my 925. Though I only notice it on my voicemail tone. My text tones are short enough that I wouldn't notice them. I have zero issue with turning off the banner with my voicemail. Thanks for the info!

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
So its a bug that hardly anyone has noticed, thing is when I had my 8x randomly they worked fine now on my 930 I cant get them to work as they should it's stupid

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte