Insight into Password toggle under sync me settings.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Hello all, can someone please lecture me on the Password toggle under sync my settings in WP8.1? What kind of password will it sync...apps, website? Advantages, Disadvantages, is it recommended...etc?. Don't really know about it so it's the only option turned off. Will be glad if someone could help me understand it. Thanks.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Don't know about apps, but it does sync passwords saved in IE11 for websites across all synced devices (PC, tablets, phones, etc). It's a nice feature to finally have.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Don't know about apps, but it does sync passwords saved in IE11 for websites across all synced devices (PC, tablets, phones, etc). It's a nice feature to finally have.

It's a nice feature I really want but I'm kinda little concerned here. On the dark side, don't you think it can make people who come across out devices have access to our personal stuff?

SCENARIO: Lets say your laptop or surface broke or even stolen and you can't log onto the device in order to log out of your Microsoft account before you take it for repairs. Now the thief/repairer fixes you device but has access to your stuff. Now since wifi is common, even if you change your passwords on another home device, IE will sync to the repaired or stolen device for your stuff to be still available to others.
Am I hallucinating? What do you think?

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I think if you lose/break your device, you remove all of your trusted devices from your MS Account and passwords will no longer sync with any devices until you re-verify and trust them.

Edit: And for Windows Phones, you can initiate a remote wipe of your device.

kenzibit

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
I think if you lose/break your device, you remove all of your trusted devices from your MS Account and passwords will no longer sync with any devices until you re-verify and trust them.

Edit: And for Windows Phones, you can initiate a remote wipe of your device.

Excellent JaiMento.......just Excellent. That's the best solution I think. Thanks for your insightful lecture 😊

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos