XBOX Music App - Can't sign into account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meltdown0

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Cannot get the XBOX music app to play any music in the cloud. It shows my music in the cloud, but when I try to play any music, the app gives the following error message: "Can't sign in. Please try again later." (see attached screen shot). I have updated the app, hard reset my phone, have an Xbox music pass, tried using the old music + video hub per tip, download music to my phone (music from my computer works fine, but doesn't fix error), downloaded the diagnostics app, and stood on my head while singing 'does your chewing gum loose its flavor'. I'm out of ideas. It seems no one else has this problem, because I have searched for an answer all over and nothing.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20140427_0001 (Small).jpg
    wp_ss_20140427_0001 (Small).jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 57

snowmutt

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I have had "random" faults like this, but I have always had luck with standing on my head and singing. I usually picked 1970's love ballads though, so maybe you should go with something a little more romantic. :love:

Seriously, you should set aside an hour or so and try the customer service chat with MS. I had a TON of problems getting my son's L920 to synch up to XBOX Music, and I had to have assistance. My son's problems revolved around the old devices I had used with XBOX Music and Zune over the years not clearing in their systems even though I had removed them. Took several tries to get it right.

Let us know what turns up.

Meltdown0

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Thanks I'll give it a try, though I'm still concerned it won't work.
I reset my L520 (backup phone) and started with a totally new outlook.com address that was in no way linked to my original account above. Then I synced about 50 songs to that account from my computer, then went to Music on phone. Again, the music shows up but I can't stream it. I get a different message this time "Sorry you do not have rights to play song..." Is this another bug in the new software? Do you have to have Xbox music pass to stream now? (You did not before. I would stream music to my WP 8.0 device all the time without a music pass.)
Oh well there's always Pandora till this gets fixed. I still consider this a Beta, but I would think MS would like to know about the problem so they can make sure it doesn't keep happening, right????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3